I need help on making a Point Control map

I am trying to make a Point Control map, and I’m confused about what to do. I need three different points to be able to get captured by four different teams, make it wait a few seconds before one point is captured, and after all three points are captured by a one team have them hold the points for a couple of seconds before ending the game.

1 Like

How you want the points to be captured? By going into a zone, pushing a button, etc? And the game only ends when one team captures three points right?

1 Like

Also, welcome!

2 Likes

By walking into the capture zone. When one team captures all three points, you are right.

1 Like

Alright, so place three zones. I’m assuming you want each team to be able to go to the same spot to claim a point. Make the three zones transmit on channel when a player steps in them, and in a trigger device, set it so it triggers when receiving on that channel. Tell me if you need further clarification. (if you don’t know how to use channels, you can use wires instead.) Connect each zone to a seperate wire repeater. Connect the wire repeater to the zone so it deactivates the zone. In the trigger, set “delay” to something like 3. Connect it to a counter device so it increments. In the counter, click on the target tab and set “target” to yes. Set the target value to three. Also, click on the all options tab and set “scope” to team. Connect the counter to a wire repeater. Set “delay” to something like 3. Connect the wire repeater to an end game device.

Optional: You can also make the counter track a property, and show that property on the leaderboard in the map settings. Make sure to place a property device and set that property to a number property.

2 Likes

Is it all one channel that transmits a capture, or three different ones for each zone?

1 Like

Weclome to the community @rubyfee!

1 Like

Just one channel. Since the zones deactivate when you step on them, it can’t be triggered more than once.

(If it doesn’t work, use seperate channels and separate triggers.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.