I Need Help Making A Code For My Game

For my code, I have 6 digits. I have a counter for each digit. By the counter there is a button that opens a popup for changing the number.

I need help making a working checker button (as you can see far right of the photo) that checks if each digit is the right number and if not the counters all change to zero

For each of the counters, have them update a property. Then, in a trigger, check to see if all of the numbers are equal to the correct values. If so, broadcast on the success channel. If not, broadcast on a channel that resets all of the counters.

2 Likes

what grey_stone said works!

2 Likes

what do you mean by “Then, in a trigger, check to see if all of the numbers are equal to the correct values.”

Maybe he means make a trigger that runs a check?

yeah, a trigger checks for if the property values are equal to the codes’ values. through block code

2 Likes

do this:

1 Like

wouldn’t it be more memory efficient to use a checker for every counter?

2 Likes

hmmm but then there would be a lot of wiring… making the memory total 305, only 195 memory more efficient then the block code, and I think it is worth it to have 195 less memory to save your map from spaghetti :spaghetti: lol

there’s always channels! you can’t go wrong with channels in my opinion. but i always organize the channels as well.

1 Like

dang… forgot about that…
(summer does make you dumber i guess :rofl:)

triple likes

:rofl: lol.

1 Like

is this for a single trigger?

me too. I literally made a list of all my channels I use and what they are for

I organize them by device. So I name my devices and then I have the channels for them. So if I have a button and name it Button1 then the channel would be Button1 Pressed etc.

1 Like

that’s actually really smart

1 Like

@Kosm0-o do you have an answer to my question about @chrysostom’s system?

“is this for a single trigger?”

yes, that would be for a single trigger because it checks all the properties so there would be no need for multiple triggers.

1 Like

well if you take 2 checkers you can make a 6 digit code. but Im not sure if you also want a hard reset. (where it resets all of the digits. make it more specific!)