I need help giving each player a unique amount of an item

the life cycle’s event is the game start event and ty

Hold on, the reason it is giving people the same amount is because there is nothing that changes it based on who you are. The only way to do that is if it is a free for all.

Could you please elaborate?

Ok, how are teams organized? Imposter vs all, right?

Precisely. A random player is chosen to be the impostor.

Welcome to the forum, @Discussions!

(wow, I’ve got to stop putting these parenthesis)

Wait, nevermind.

Wait, what is the playercount property?

it is the property that the item granter uses to grant the correct amount of items

The way I would set this up would be to have a player counter made, and store the number of players in a property C. Then have a relay (run when receiving on wire AND when receiving on channel S) pick a random player, and trigger an item granters code. It needs to first, increment property Y by one, grant them property Y items, and check if Y = C. If false, have the block transmit on channel S.

2 Likes

huh? I sort of understand however, what is channel S?

Is the property global? The scope should only be player.

Because I’m not in your head, I don’t know what you would name the channels. So I use placeholder names instead. They still work as channel names, but I don’t recommend it due to the names not showing what they do.

Which property?

the player count property is global. if it was player, everyone would be given 1 item.

Oh alright then. I understand

does this look right?

EDIT: Having this separate property did manage to fix my ID issue so I will give you the resolve. But the broadcast thing caused everyone to get 30,000 items…

2 Likes

The whole thing is almost right, but in the X is not equal to Y part, you also need to grant the triggering player the SubPlayerCount. Also, the relay needs to run off of a wire pulse (that will initially pick a player), and GenerateIDS

2 Likes

I have a similar thing here in this guide:

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.