I need a lifecycle to only check after a certain task is activated

I’m making a game, and I want one task giver to check if the player has been knocked out, but only check after the task is accepted. This would apply for any time after the quest is accepted. Any ideas?

Well when the quest is accepted make it transmit on a channel that activates the checker and ko manager. But I would use a Ko Manager instead of a lifecycle since the Ko Manager can be turned on and off while the lifecycle can’t.

This might help.

1 Like

maybe wire it to the task devices

This is helpful, but I’m making it so the lifecycle starts deactivated, and then is activated when a button is pressed.

putting this at the top of the help tab for more help…

someone help me please

Lifecycle starts deactivated

Button activates lifecycle

Lifecycle looks for Player Knocks Out

Shouldn’t this work?

Lifecycles can’t be deactivated in the menu, so you need to use a different method that does the same thing

hmm, give me a minute…

Can’t you just use a Ko Manager
Wire the button to the Ko manager, button pressed activate.

All you need to do is invert the guide then. Make the trigger start deactivated and then activate it after.

1 Like

@TheBKing they’re right, you can activate a KO manager during the game.

But the KO manager tracks if you knock out someone, not if you are knocked out.

wait, what? i thought the quest was to knock someone out?
i reread it…

Ok so here is how you would do it

Take a lifecycle, a trigger, and whatever is checking your mechanism. Wire the lifecycle to the trigger, and the trigger to the mechanism. Go into the trigger settings, and make it deactivated on game start. After, whenever your quest is accepted, have it broadcast on a channel that activates the trigger. Make sure to set the lifecycle to “when player knocked out”

That’s a lifecycle, not a k.o manager.

1 Like

Haven’t tried this yet, but with the confidence you say it in, I believe it will work.

It did in fact work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.