I made a game with an interesting twist, but i need ideas on how to expand on it

hey guys
its me again

i know i havent made any topics in like 20 years

anyways

i had this idea for a game, right?

so basically, you’re the villain and have to do bad things as, like tasks. you might have to kill a random civilian, destabilize a foreign government, stuff like that. there should be a lot of lore, and a way to finish the game by defeating, like, the major good guy who is trying to defeat you.

there’s a massive twist to the game that i don’t want to reveal, because if you know it then you kind of have an unfair advantage.

anyways, i’d like some ideas for things i could add to this game.

these could include:

• ideas for tasks
  • ways to decorate the map/theme the game (vitally important)
  • cool twists
  • lore stuff

i have to go now after posting this, so i’ll check back when i get a chance and mark the best idea/list of ideas as a solution! thanks!

edit: sorry guys, i forgot to mention a very important part of the game:

during the game, you get warnings that become increasingly more pressing and dire as you progress, all telling you to stop, that you’re doing the wrong thing…

near the end, you are faced with flashbacks and see every civilian you killed, everything you’ve done, all coming back to haunt you during the final battle against the big good guy…

ideas

• overthrow the government

• cause havoc on the city

• idk

2 Likes
  • TAX EVASION! :D Jaywalking, littering >:3
  • Vines but they progress as you do bad things
  • You eventually fight vines which turn eviller than you
  • Vines were evil personified
2 Likes

make the guy your tryna fight your like long brother or somthing

grayscale or dark/mutedd colored theme mabye? l

okay sounds very cool but what are vines

The Groundbreaking Plant props

1 Like

okay, i might do flashes of those

Vines are ground breaking plant or alien plant

1 Like

sorry guys, i forgot to mention a very important part of the game:

during the game, you get warnings that become increasingly more pressing and dire as you progress, all telling you to stop, that you’re doing the wrong thing…

near the end, you are faced with flashbacks and see every civilian you killed, everything you’ve done, all coming back to haunt you during the final battle against the big good guy…

i’m going to wait a bit longer now that i’ve put this out, and review all the responses and then mark a solution and stuff.

3 Likes

Reminds me of a game that was never meant to exist and as you progress in the game an entity seems to haunt you and the creator of the game logs in and warns you to not finish the final task

1 Like

why does this remind me of cookie clicker

You could do that by hiding the player under a barrier and fading text.

2 Likes

so the flashbacks are gonna be like a scene where you see what you done

its the citizens gonna be like sentry’s?

You could destabilize a forgien government, but the government is like the most friendly and peaceful one in that world, so its really hard.

For a lore part, you could have the one of the high ranking officials in that government (maybe the leader) your like best friend or family member. You are never told their identity until you actually meet them

you could make one level a really bustling city center or an abandoned warehouse

1 Like

the classic “they were bullied as a kid” story

1 Like

You could have the sky get darker for every deed you do, until you are almost blind, and when it turns completely black, your flashbacks start. Like for every deed you do, you lose more sight of what you originally set out to do.

3 Likes

this is a cool game idea!

tell me when you publish because I wanna play it

1 Like

i will!

alright guys, thanks so much for all your inputs!
i’ll publish the game when it’s done and let you guys know what it’s called!

2 Likes