How to utilize EVERY block code in the game! (UNFINISHED)

Hey guys! This is a COMPLETE guide to every single block code in the game! Below you’ll find many different categories. The first category you’ll see is “General Information”. This category will help you understand this guide a little better or answer any questions.

Below that you’ll find the “Block Codes” Category. This category contains subcategories of all the block codes. Happy Coding!

General Information
Connecting vs Connector Blocks

The “Connector” Block is a block that connects blocks to eachother. An common example of this is the “Brodcast” Block
Screenshot 2024-05-08 11.36.14 AM
Note the indent at TOP of the block, and not at the side of the block

The “Connecting” Block is a block that relies on other blocks to work. An common example of this is the “Equals” block.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 11.42.13 AM
Note the indent at the SIDE of the block, and not at the top of the block

Is this based on wires or Channels?

This guide is COMPLETELY based on Channels. Wires are terrible. Erm, I mean wires are more clunky and have less compatibility with block code.

Does this tutorial cover device-specific code?

This tutorial sadly does not. For the sake of time (and my wellbeing) I won’t be doing any of the special block codes.

Block Codes
Essentials
Brodcast Message On Channel

Screenshot 2024-05-08 11.36.14 AM
The Brodcast Message on channel block is in my personal top 5 most important list. The best way to utilize it is in If/Else lines where If this player is stinky, brodcast on channel “Stinky Player”. For Example:
Screenshot 2024-05-09 11.06.01 AM

This is a somewhat oversimplification, but this is the start of huge steps in making your best possible block code!

Set Property

Screenshot 2024-05-09 11.15.01 AM

The first thing you may notice about the “Set Property” block is that it has a built in “Value”. What you insert into the “Value” section varies depending on the property you’re using.

If you’re using a “Number” Property you’ll be using a “Number” block.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 11.18.47 AM

If you’re using a “Text” property you’ll be using a “Text” block.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 11.21.31 AM

If you’re using the “True/False” property, you’ll be using the “True/False” block.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 12.47.13 PM

Now how do we use all this? The Property can be used in SO MANY ways! For now we’ll just cover a basic method of randomizing a property.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 12.50.05 PM
Notice how the property will ALWAYS have at-least 1 or 2 as a value?
This string can be used to randomize game modes, generate maps, and so much more!

Get Property

Screenshot 2024-05-09 1.11.15 PM
Not to be confused with “Set Property”, “Get Property” is used to pull a property from your properties list.

There’s not much to “Get Property” and is one of my personally least used blocks.

You can use “Get Property” in unison with “Set Property” to make a randomization system!

Screenshot 2024-05-09 1.17.21 PM

Refer to the Set Property section for the complete system!

Logic
Math
Text
Variables

Not a wiki, sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

Will be finished 2024-05-13T07:00:00Z

Ummmm…this isn’t a wiki. I’m confused
(was this supposed to be a draft?)

this is NOT a wiki. If you need a wiki, I could make one for you.

(only regulars can make wikis)

Realize that putting the wiki tag on a topic doesn’t make it a wiki

average basic mistake smh :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yeah I accidentally pressed the wrong button and posted it.

Sorry for the confusion!

Yup! This is a draft I’ve been working on, I didn’t mean to post it just yet.

Better finish it in a time limit otherwise you wont be able to finish it

you are a basic user, so I need to finish this in… 17 hours…