How to use Keycards

The concept of finding a key or keycard in the item giver seems so cool, and then once you looked through devices you found nothing to unlock using the keys, there is an item called “gate console” that has the icon to turn on and off, but alas, that does not seem to serve as a function in it’s settings.

So how do you do it then?

Step 1: Place a zone or button
Step 2: Place a “checker” and wire it to your zone or button
Step 3: Set the settings in the checker to [(object) greater than 0]
Step 4: Place a barrier in the doorway you want the player to access.
Step 5: Wire the checker to the barrier
Step 6: Change the settings in the wire to [(player Pushes button / enters zone) - (Deactivate barrier)]

If you did this correctly, it should look like this

And when you walk up to it with the key or keycard of your choice or interact with the button, the barrier will disappear and you can walk right through.

Your welcome!

-Temmie

2 Likes

Hmmm…
Temmie, to improve this guide, maybe you could add some more pictures along with the instructions?
And there have been some guides on this before, make sure you put down this was in my own words or somethin’ like that…

1 Like

uhh, just saying, this is a VERY simple guide, and almost all people know how to do this

1 Like

Also this isn’t a wiki and we don’t use the Wip tag anymore I’m gonna remove those tags.

I think it’s fine! If you wanted to make sure you did it correct just look at the picture.

1 Like

yeah wip is not a used tag anymore…

bruh, i ran out of likes… this is NOT suiting me

2 Likes

:open_mouth: you ran out of likes… its been ages since that happened to me…

2 Likes

(Alt account Tem_Shop) I know it’s simple but I’ve seen people ask this ALOT! “How to make a door open when I push a button” is a real question I have seen! Sometimes this is all you need to spark creativity and ideas into a gimkit project.

1 Like

It WAS at wip, but what is the censored part of that?

1 Like

Yeah, thats true. OMG, it is SO hard to not click like on both of those posts…

Since when. Wip means work in progress.

Also this guide is unneeded. I gotta stop posting on random topics ._. gotta stop gotta stop

Like 10 minutes ago :skull: .

you click on the censored part to see what it is
Anyways, BACK ON TOPIC

I should make a better guide then this, shouldn’t I? Also it’s just a small simple thing for people who need it.

Temmie why’d you add the wiki tag back on? Only tl3s can do that…

Oh! I was unaware of that! My apologies.

Welcome to the forums @Temmie make sure to read the TOS and FAQ and while you’re here check out the beginner-must-read Enjoy your stay at our crumbling forum

1 Like

Its not rlly crumbling. Its just not worth the time.

3 Likes

Dude, maybe be a little bit more optimistic?

1 Like

ok what do I say like “Enjoy your stay at our wonderful happy forum” yeah something like that?

1 Like