How to Use Functions in Blocks (Difficulty: 4/10) Need to know about functions

ok nvm that sounds wrong

3 Likes

The economy will not allow this.

I look up to you, you understand calculus

I look up to you, you understand CS and stuff.

Besides, what good does that do when you can’t apply it? (hint: it starts with an n and ends with a g).

omg double i look up to you, lets hope this doesn’t end up in a whos worse debate /gen

1 Like

This is why the Taylor series is cool. You can literally apply it whenever you want and wherever you want. Just need to memorize the first 10 factorials for a good decic approximation.

I’m loading up on calculus questions to ask my math III teacher tomorrow, hopefully she knows the answers lol

oh no

1 Like

And what will they be? (maybe i can get an answer from somewhere on the internet or something so your teacher doesn’t explode).

I already exploded her when I asked about bitwise operations and showed her what I found so far lol
But I don’t understand I think it’s called a derivative? I’m gonna rewatch video 2, but it’s still confusing.

It is called a derivative. (btw i dont know what “it” is). (also if i stop talking randomly its because im going to sleep).

2 Likes

ok im gonna go to bed kind of??? im gonna finish my write up and turn my head away from the screen before my brain explodes, good night

4 Likes

I’m gonna go rewatch video two, bye

Tutoring about really anything is OP compared to mcdonalds

From my two cents of messing around with math a few days ago, the derivative of a slope (ex: x^2) can be found by taking the gradient of a tangent line at a point. This is easily found with two coords: (1,1) and (1+h,(1+h)^2). Foil, setup the change in slope equation: (ex: change in y over change in x), simplify, then set h to 0. That is the derivitive at that one point. Repeat until you can reliably predict what the derivitive at a point is with a formula, which requires the derivitive of the line. In this case, the answer is 2x.

3 Likes

It is the slope of the graph at one point

1 Like

The gradient??? You sure?

The derivative

What is a gradient?