How to recreate a red ring (from Sonic.exe the disaster) in gimkit

I made this system in a remake of TD I was working on and decided to make a guide on it

Parts Needed

2 speed modifiers
1 trigger
1 damager
1 counter

Red ring system.

To set this up you place a trigger can be anywhere on the map. then you set it up like this

this makes it so you cant collect the red ring while having its affect
next you place a repeater (can be replaced with a trigger loop) and make it so that every 1 second it runs a task and that it starts when you receive a message from the trigger and make it runs for 15 seconds than place a damager and a counter set the counter to have its base value to 14 and make its target value 0, then make it so that when it reaches the target value it brodcasts a message to remove the red ring effect. for the damager you just make it so that its wired from the repeated to the damager and that it damages when the task is run, then make the damage taken 1. wires are setup like this

then place 2 speed modifiers set one up like this

than the other like this

to make this system more accurate make it so at the start of the game the player has 0% shield and only has 100 HP.

For those going to the comments not to give feedback but to pester me about trigger loops

This guide is meant for begineers most don’t KNOW about this and I ALREADY MENTIONED THEM

this should be pretty to setup as there is no block code, very easy to make for a beginner.
please give me feedback and tell me if there’s anything I should add :slight_smile:

What is a red ring?

a red ring in the disaster is an item the survivors can pick up which gives them a small speed boost but damages them by 1 hp point each second for 15 seconds, it also shows the exe the location of the person who picked up the red ring. (haven’t added that last part to the gimkit version yet)

1 Like

figured out how to make it show the exe the person who has the red ring

I sense…
Repeaters…

CAUGHT YOU IN 4K ULTRA HD

1 Like

ah, yes I did use repeaters BUT I did MENTION you can use trigger loops AND another thing is that this guide is meant for BEGINEERS!

1 Like

i have TL2 this is very cool!

suspend sound

tsk tsk tsk… REPEATERs…

Roberta's eyes only

Ill make a deal with you >:)

again, this is meant for begineers who dont know how to use trigger loops
and I mentioned you can use them and I don’t really care to use trigger loops in a system I made for a prototype. this system could infact get changed completely in the future

why is the forums trying to get roberta suspended twice :sob::pray:

AND WHY IS THIS HAPPENING IN A SIMPLE GUIDE I MADE :sob:
QUIT GOING OFF THE TOPIC!

Ah yes
B.O.T
but please never use repeaters
they stinky

trigger loops are really easy to teach

QUIT PESTERING ME ABOUT TRIGGER LOOPS :sob:
THEY ARENT THERE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SPEND TIME GOING OVER IT WHEN I DONT EVEN CARE FOR MEMORY EFFIECENCY MYSELF

I’m bouta just ask an admin to close the replys because I’m being harrassed for not including trigger loops. or just quit making guides because using Repeaters AT ALL just makes everyone hate you for some reason

First of all, it isn’t hate. Repeaters are very unreliable to do not always broadcast at the exact amount of time specified. Second, that’s fine if you don’t want to use trigger loops, just expect people to ask why you didn’t. Third, if you quit making guides, there is no need to advertise it. That’s what you want to do. Fourth, no one hates you for using repeaters.

1 Like