How to make the Roblox game Doors [WIP]

Hello, so I haven’t made a guide in a while so I thought why not make one on the roblox game Doors? I hope this helps you. Enjoy:)! YOU BETTER NOT EDIT MY GUIDE

Mechanics
Lobby Mechanics

So for every game I make I have the same old mechanics at spawn and they are: spawn pad of course, trigger, wire repeater, speed modifier, and team switcher.
For the spawn pad I set it to visible in game and for team switcher since we’re doing doors we’re going to use zones as entities, so no need for lifecycle. When receiving killed set team to spectator Now, for the trigger I place it right under the spawn pad so when the trigger is triggered broadcast channel “Begin”. For the speed modifier I set it to 2.00 and when receiving Begin set speed. Also, in the lobby put a zone in the elevator when the player enters zone teleport.

Loot Mechanics

So in doors you have loot/gold coins you can get so we’re adding that to our game. First get a button and then when the button is pressed broadcast loot. Next, add a trigger when receiving the channel loot trigger trigger. Add a block code and in that block code make a variable and set a randomizer between 1 and 5. Add a if else block code and when the variable is 1 broadcast 50 and if 2 broadcast 100 if 3 broadcast 150 and if 4 broadcast 200 and if 5 broadcast 250. Add an item granter that will be picking up these numbers and make them grant the number that’s the channel.

Lobby

For the lobby it’s easy, just place the boardwalk terrain 12 by 12 and add walls along them, that’s the lobby. Next, for the elevator go to the very top of the map or lobby open grid up and count 5 blocks and delete the 4 in front of them. After that go into terrains and click concrete and set the amount of blocks placed to 4. You see where there is space for 4 blocks? Place it there. Finally, surround the elevator in light stone bricks:

There! You now have a lobby for the players to begin in. You can always add stuff to make it more interesting because right now? It’s plain old and boring. So I spiced it up a bit and if you need ideas here’s a picture of mine:

Closets

WIP

Entities

WIP

Doors/Rooms

Ok, for the rooms there are I think 5 types: a normal room, a puzzle room, the library, seek chase, and the locked room. Ok, so for door 1 you just come out of the elevator and you always see the reception room:

so we’re gonna remake that into this:

also make the fence not have collision
try to make it look similar I’m too lazy to explain.
Now for every locked room add a button that gives a player the item and add a barrier and vending machine to the door. Make the vending machine cost the item the player grabbed earlier and when the vending machine is purchased unlock the door.
For the unlocked rooms just add a button or zone that will deactivate the barrier.
Next, the other rooms, the puzzle room, library, seek etc. The normal room is just a normal room nothing special so I made it like this: . Of course add some stuff to spice it up
For the puzzle room its a room where paintings are in the wrong spot and you have to rearrange them into the correct spot. It’ll be like dis:

Extra

WIP

Thanks for reading this guide I hope this helped you and have a great day

Sorry, I had to post this because I just got a big brain idea and I couldn’t get two drafts so I had to publish it

:memo: Grammar Error:
You need to capitalize Doors, as it is the name of something.
Otherwise, people’ll think you’re just making–
well, doors. :door:

hmm? do I have an error? lemme reread

No, it’s in the title…

oh of course I reread the entire paragraph and it was just in the title. I blind

1 Like

Why can’t we edit the guide? For example if someone’s trying to help?

I made it a wiki so I have infinite editing time, and plus I don’t allow anyone because no one is on the same map and page as me so therefore no

Ok what if someone’s doing rooms or something or the backdoor

ummm… still no? wait the backdoor is like the timer thingy right?

Thanks for better in the title!

this is cool! I can see how much work you put in it

yeaa… I lost like 2000 braincells coming up with all the mechanics and stuff I know how to do it but I have to explain which makes me lazy

I Bumped into a door

Idk

uhhhh ok I said nothing

1 Like

This. Is. Useful. unlike some guides like automatic doors remake. Erm erm, tat one gimkit guy

If you do not know how to make entities then make guiding light easy right?