How to make the Dead Body for Among Us

Welp, I guess I’m making Among Us now. How would you make the dead body appear when the imposter killed someone? I have seen people saying for them to drop an item, but there is no option that I’m aware of that force drops an item from a player. I cannot figure this out.

2 Likes

Use a knockout manager.

1 Like

But to prevent the feed from showing up, I have a system that switched the player to spectator, the imposter doesn’t actually knock them out, so this would not work.

2 Likes

Bump because unresolved.

2 Likes

And how is the player switched to spectator?

1 Like

I used this guide:

Basically, when the imposter presses a button, it activates a tag device which tags the player, which sends a signal to the team switcher and switches the player to spectator.

3 Likes

Have killed players drop an item
Inventory manager that detects when item is picked up, triggers emergency meeting

To make them drop an item, grant the item just before they die
Or something like that

But as far as I am aware, there is no option for players to drop an item, unless they do so manually? Even when they die, the only options are whether they keep or don’t keep the item, but they don’t drop it.

1 Like

Is this even possible? I’m losing hope…

2 Likes

As an alternative, you can have a prop in each hallway/room that activates whenever a player gets tagged and deactivates after the meeting starts. You’ll have to have a tag zone for each hallway and the props won’t be at the exact spot of the dead player, but it’s better than nothing.

Alright, thanks for the idea.

2 Likes

It’s possible, I made a system for it awhile ago

Sorry for the late reply, but could you tell me what you did?

2 Likes

I enabled drop items in map settings, and detected the item pickup

But do they have to drop the items manually?

2 Likes

no. they don’t need to drop it manually since it auto drops at least that’s what I think

It doesn’t auto drop for me?

3 Likes

I think I found a hypothetical solution…this might not work though. You can do something so when you press the button, you tag the player, and when the player is tagged, you use an inventory item manager with an amount of 0, give them an item, so they force drop it, and then switch their team? There are some flaws in this though.

4 Likes

I did it. First, players can only have one item slot. So I made it so you can’t drop devices and I gave the impostor a device at the start. Then I made it so you can spend a different device to send a signal on the channel and gave that device as overflow to impostor when they kill. it will drop on the ground to be picked up

Hi, welcome to the forum.