How To Make Job Simulator In Gimkit!

__ Is Editing
DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended for solo play, not multiplayer.
Hello there, fellow gimkitters! It’s me, your fav gimkit mermaid! Today, I will be showing you how to make Job Simulator! If you didn’t know, Job Sim. is a VR game set in the year 2050. Robots have taken over, and have created “accurate” simulations of 4 jobs. Here is more on the game:
https://jobsimulatorgame.com/
This game is really funny, so I would recommend it! This is just a base, but you can customize these templates as much as you want! Let’s get started.

OFFICIAL JOBS

Gourmet Chef

For this, we will set up a fridge/cabinet, a microwave, a toaster, and a blender. (there is a sandwich maker, but I don’t have any idea how to make it.)

Fridge/Cabinet

The fridge works like this: You have a switch that will switch to either the fridge or the cabinet. Then, it will teleport you to one of two rooms. One is the fridge, one is the cabinet. Let’s hop in!
Step 1. Place two buttons. Make them say something like “Fridge” and "Cabinet. Make them visible in game.

Step 2. Make 2 teleporters. One belongs to fridge, and the other one belongs to cabinet. Make them have a target group of outside (this will come up later)

Step 3. Make two rooms, one preferably white and one red. Place the teleporters inside of each room, fridge in the fridge and and cabinet in the red room. (In the game, the cabinet is red)

Step 4. Go to your kitchen area, and put a teleporter that has no target group and belongs to outside.

Step 5. Make the buttons teleport you to the coordinating teleporter using wires or channels.
Wire version: Button pressed → Teleport here
Channel version: When button pressed transmit on "fridge/cabinet(depending on which button you are doing) Teleport here when receive
You can make a text that says “go back” next to the teleporters to tell the player they can leave through there.

Step 6. This step is the easiest step! Place a few ingredients around the room using item spawners. That way, players can easily collect ingredients!

------End of Fridge/Cabinet -------

Microwave

The microwave is an interesting build! In Job Sim, if you put the right ingredients in, you’ll get something like a pizza! But if you put in some random stuff, it will come out as a hot gooey glob of stuff(I learned that the hard way)! So, let’s get started!

Step 1. Make your microwave! I suggest using this to make the design, but ignore the mechanics!
Functioning Kitchen Utilities! (Editing time limit ran out)

Step 2. We need to check the recipes! First, place down an invisible button that says “cook”. Next, bring out some checkers! You can customize these however you want so that it will check for a specific recipe!

Step 3. Now we will make the mechanics! First, get a counter with a target of 0. The counter will start at 3, because that is how long it takes to cook in game. Get 2 wire repeaters, 1 with a delay of 1.0 (a) and the other with a delay of 0.0 (b). Wire the button from Step 2 to the A repeater. Get a trigger that is not visible in game and cannot be triggered by player collision. Then, wire A to the trigger. Make the trigger decrease the counter. Wire A to B and B to A.
When the counter reaches the target, have it deactivate the trigger. Finally, a very important step, make the button reset the counter and activate the trigger! That way, it can be used more than once!

Step 4. Next, wire the counter to the checkers. Target reached → run check.
When the check passes, have it grant you an item using item granters! Check passes → Grant item

Step 5. But what happens when the check fails? Well, we need to make some sloppy mess! When the check fails, have it show a prop not visible on game start (like the trash pile)! Check fails → show prop. Make it when the button to cook is pressed, it hides the prop to make sure it won’t stay there.

-----End Of Microwave-----

Blender

WIP

For the blender, we can do things like make smoothies and juices to put wherever we like!

UNOFFICIAL JOBS

Mailman

Made by Blizzy
(WIP)

Editing Rules!

1. Please ask me before you edit.
  2. When you edit, click the little i and tell me why you are editing.
  3. Ask any questions you have here! :
    Questions (list your name)
5 Likes

Sorry guys, accidental post.

1 Like

Noice Job sim Guide! Cant wait for it to be finished (I wanna be a chef when I grow up)

nice!
also what

im a mermaid gim : D

2 Likes

Yeah… That was wierddd
hehehehhehehe

I like MirMir’s mermaid gim idea. Gimkit should release some of those, different versions like they did for constellar and puzzle gigs

What do you mean by that, @MirMirCreates? Also nice guide!

when I edit, there is a little i circe button by my name. It says, “why are you editing?” and thanks!

Oh… Ok…

Edits

But doesn’t get i

Oh uh then I will take that away. I can show you what I see.

1 Like

@MirMirCreates If I edit I’ll just say so in the thing. Also, can I make a job? And can the job be Mailman?

I have an oddly weird mini obsession with mailmen ever since I did something about mailmen in school… You don’t want to know about it

Also, are you a girl or a boy? (you don’t have to answer)

Yeah sure! So make a base for a “mission” so people can customize it!
Screenshot 2024-02-23 6.01.46 PM
(this is what I see)

1 Like

…what

Oh I see it now

testing

1 Like

Oh ok good should I add it back?

Yeah, you should

And when I edit can I add a checkmark for if someone is editing?

1 Like

what is this “i” thing?

1 Like