How to make an accurate timer šŸŸ„

Great guide! I always wondered how GK8 had that feature.

suggestion, make the time multiply by 100, round it, then divide by 100 so there are only 2 digits afterward and it doesnā€™t look like this:

2: 03.000000000000007

2 Likes

I have a feature in the timer that prevents the floating point error. Did you read the guide?

3 Likes

yesā€¦ Idk whereā€¦

this one???

1 Like

I mentioned this feature in the last triple dot.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t read the tripple dotsā€¦ sorry

2 Likes

Itā€™s fine! I just want people to not make posts and decisions because they were uninformed! Sorry if my tone was bad!

3 Likes

not really, you canā€™t hear tone over the computer, just as long as all caps mean emphasis and not rage than I usually ā€œhear/readā€ nice or monotone

1 Like

woahj this is complicated, i love it!! /pos
this guide is really well organized, great job on this, clicclac !! :D

also yeah tone is hard to decipher on text, thats why tonetags exist!

2 Likes

Beat you to it. Except not trying to copy, and not as accurate of a timer system (however, that could changeā€¦)

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t think you had to add [that] at the end of the sentence because the ā€œi love itā€ already communicates a positive tone and you could get wrongly flagged [1]

1. for a second, i thought you meant [that] ā†©ļøŽ

1 Like

Love this guide! I tried a timer similar to this before but I scrapped the project to work on DOORS.

I think so.

You didnā€™t?

I am so confused.

frfr I use too many footnotesā€¦

That is my favorite thing about your guides.

huh.

me too

This was a great guide! As mysz said, your guides have their own style which make them so enjoyable to read! I hope to see more guides soon!

4 Likes

Sorry to disappoint, but this is probably the second to last guide for a while. I just donā€™t have anything to make a guide about anymore.

3 Likes

Ah man, okay.

Off Topic Questions

I played Ascent of Mt Snowy. When is the next update?
I got 3:38 on the Bad Ending. What is the fastest run so far?

2 Likes

Idk and Idk. You need to ask Top Z instead.

3 Likes

bruh
it was a joke :skull:
you donā€™t have to make everything a competition

2 Likes

Ohā€¦
Thatā€™s sadā€¦
but true.

1 Like

Make a guide on private messaging in GKC.

2 Likes

Ooh, that would be cool!

1 Like

I donā€™t get why you need a separate triggerloop for minutes into game. Canā€™t you just take this instead:

round_down[ seconds/60]
1 Like

When I tried to have the minutes in game based off of the SecondsSinceGameStart property, the minute part of the timer always broke in some weird way. I tried a couple different methods to get it to work, but the only method that worked for me was to count minutes externally, hence why I have it in the guide. If it works for you though you can go ahead and use it though!