How to Make a Signable Board đźź©

This could be the basis for a territory-claiming game where you have to take as many boards as you can.

1 Like

Welcome to the Gimkit forums, have a look around.

3 Likes

How do you do the coding? @twofoursixeight

1 Like

it’s literally block code that needs slight modification

Oh ok. I haven’t used a coding block yet

1 Like

It’s pretty easy to use for beginners! Refer to this guide:

4 Likes

Ok thank you!

2 Likes

Gonna bump this
Bc its cool

3 Likes

Oh, I already thought of this before seeing this guide. Should have looked here before testing. Nice job!

2 Likes

You can make 10 small texts that first say “ “ and then update 1 of text when the button is pressed

You could also make a property called “signednames”, and instead concatenate “, [triggering player’s name]” to the property everytime it’s pressed after the first press (using a counter), and then show that property.

1 Like

That is a way, probably, I just don’t understand that lol.

Yes, if you want to make the board show signed names, make a property called signednames, as mysz said, and make this block instead.

Property:

This will add the triggering player’s name to the property, instead of replacing it, so the sign will display all of the people who sign it in order.

3 Likes

Can use special characters in GKC text to make enters or new lines?

Maybe, if you could find out the length of a text

Not like that. In programming, there are special character like \n that create a new line inside a text variable. (Texts are commonly called strings).

Oh, I thought you were talking about something else. I don’t think /n would work inside gimkit texts though

Yeah that’s what I thought as well. We should ask Josh or someone on the gimkit team if there’s any special characters.

Blocky probably won’t support \n or < br > or anything.
Lol I forgor html tags disappear

3 Likes

burmp

3 Likes