How to Make a Sentry Follow You [Sorta Mini-guide] 1/10

Nice guide, @Captain-Gim

1 Like

im doing it right now and im using the uncommon blaster, which does 23 damage. i only needed 5 sentries. i think its working but its taking up a lot of memory, ill make a little mini guide reply if i figure it out though

2 Likes

wait, maybe you could use a counter that somehow shows how much times you have shot it. then it would subtract that much off of the next sentries health.

the downside of this method :(

you would only be able to use it with one blaster so it subtracts the same.

1 Like

ive just done it and it would work if i hadnt screwed up the sentrys positioning.

essentially you decide what gadget the player has and make a sentry for each bit of damage that gadget does (mine did 23 so i made a sentry with 23, 46, 69, and 92 health.) then you make it so when each of them is knocked out they update a property. then when you enter a zone it checks for the highest property and thats the one that spawns.

edit: this took 8% of the data, and the less damage the gadget does the more data it takes. if the gadget you choose does 5 damage itll take up 40% of your data. then again about 99% of that data used up is from trying to store the past sentries health. if you dont do that youd only use some zones and sentries, so much more data efficient.

2 Likes

BUMP :fire:

could this be better with coordinate systems?

Maybe, but Captain-Gim left the forums.