How to make a Realistic Volcano(WIP)

I will have to make this guide way more specific, but for right now, it will be like this. So i got bored(as usuall) and decided to make a volcano. I just posted it on the discord and people went crazy, and it my opinion its not even as good as they made it seem. i can’t make it have no screws on the wood and the 3D is ver, very, VERY, hard to round. But I made a prototye and it is ok. So here is the basic guide

Materials
Wooden Pole
Wooden Sign short triangle
Wooden Sign medium width-medium length
Wooden Sign Large
Metal Cup
Circle barrier
Rock Small

Steps
Step 1:
Place the metal cup and expand it to its max size. Tint it orange.

Step 2:
Place as many wooden poles to each side of the cup to the size you want. Tint them black.

Step 3. Place the large wooden signs all the way to the bottom of the volcano shape. Then place more all the way to the top middle. Tint them dark brown.

Step 4:
Place the triangel signs on each side to fill in teh shape to a square. Tint them the same brown

Step 5:
Fill in the space that is blank with the medium signs, tint them the same brown.

Step 6:
Place barriers to make teh smoke in a weird, short stretched triangle. Make them 0.50 alpha and tint them light grey.

Step 7:
Place small barriers on a curve to each side of the top of the volcano and tint them dark grey.

Step 8:
Place rocks under the curve barriers to make lava balls. Tint them orange.

I will update the guide to be very detailed but as of right now I am to busy to do so. And I want to post a guide on it so i did. But The product should look like it does at the top of the guide. Sorry if this is to vague at the moment.

Keep on being creative,
@WolfTechnology

7 Likes

Nice guide! can i suggest something to add?

Sure, im open to ideas.

wow! great guide @WolfTechnology! I specifically like that you put in the smoke and everything!

3 Likes

Thanks! realistic features is key.

3 Likes

@WolfTechnology Maybe you should make the signs gray to look more like stone?
Good guide, by the way!

I did, but they looked too much like metal, the grey did not look as good, so i when with brown.

What if you turned the signs at a 45 degree angle and made them bigger to save memory?

(I just like memory efficiency)

2 Likes

Maybe add a dropdown with ideas for using it…

Brainstorm

natural disaster survival
pick a shelter for the randomized disaster and if you survive yu move on to next round if not you are eliminated.
a backdrop
pompeii animation
survive pompeii
a science experiment…make a smaller one in science class school map
parkour/obstacle course
a distraction/obstacle in gamedes you have to avoid/get past
be a firefighter and stop the lava by building and doing stuff to build something to stop your town from being destroyed…

1 Like

I could, but you know the sides would not look right and i try to use as little but still make it look semi rounded and you need small props to make big objects rounded.

May I add that?

that was a quick small brainstorm the main idea was adding a small list of uses for it to make your guide more helpful on what it can be used for. but again overall is a great guide (out of likes so…):heart:

1 Like

Honestly with how this looks I would change title to "how to make realistic volcano! 20/10!

1 Like

OH. MY. GOODNESS. SAKES. How long did that take you??? It looks InCREDIBLE.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking…even the title does not give enough credit to him!

3 Likes

About 30 minutes.

Oh. Wow. You were dedicated…

1 Like

just the speed designer dude, he just goes fast ig

2 Likes

Thank you both, and yeah i guess some things are just quick, I need to make a guide on teh basics of understanding art, its would be verycomplex, maybe even get 50likes, who knows?

Ooh. Yeah…maybe a art tug?