How to make a Random Name Generator

I am Making a Game & trying to make it look like the Players in the game are speaking and in the Beginning random names are selected to act like they are talking

3 Likes

Why random names?

1 Like

I made it so all the players spawn in different areas and I want it to look like they are talking to each other (Random Names of Players in the Game)

That i am afraid is not possible to rename a player in a game, much less a group of them. you can Randomize invetory items but thats about it.

No I Mean I tried to do in and set a banner at the beginning of the game I put the title as the triggering player and it just came back as blank

Because it is not possible to run a function before the game starts, oh and sorry for being late to this but welcome to the community.

1 Like

Ok. I get it now. You want a random person’s name!

2 Likes

Yes Thank you So much

1 Like

Oh i am dumb, how did i not understand that?

2 Likes

It’s OK!! We all make mistakes.

3 Likes

So basically all you want is to make something that creates random names?

Use a relay that broadcasts to a random player. It should set a global variable to that person’s name. This is REALLY simple, and I’ll probably explain a bit more later.

3 Likes

No picks a random player’s name and puts it on a popup.

Ohhhhhh so not a generator, it would be a random player name finder instead.

2 Likes

Welcome!!!

Try using a lifecycle device
to trigger a relay
set to ‘random player’
and make it trigger
a popup. In blocks,
try and see if you can
get it to look like this

Do you want it to go in a certain pattern? Like
Person A:
Person B:
A
B
A
C
B
C
A

Or just have it be random?
Or maybe back & forth?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Crea! Check out the beginner-must-read and forum-tips for more easy help! Read the Community Guidelines for a gist of the rules. If you ever run into a hard problem, talk to anyone in @trust_level_3. They can help you with hard and in-depth concepts and mechanics!

Remember to mark solution to avoid clutter!

1 Like