How to make a Mining Game (Platformer) (Not the real one) 2/10

“Yes, another Captain-Gim guide,” says everyone. Right? Right? Oh, you don’t want another? TOO BAD!!!

YOU DARETH NOTETH EDITH MY WIKITH

(Cap tradmark, joking, thanks @Moon for the refrence. Anyone can edit if I’ve spelt something wrong though because I know I have)

Introduction

“This is a fun game,” said Steve, “It has blocks and stuff.” Based off that I’m sure you know a lot about the guide already… Minecraft. In a way. It’s mining, but anyways in this guied you’ll learn:

Summarization/Big Picture/Click On The Traingle

How the game will work

Our game today will run on… orange juice. That’s right folks, orange juice. That’s it, that’s all…
NO
It’s way worse than that, and I’ll ramble on now.

The goal of this game is to mine the most blocks and get the most cash. It works a little like One Way Out (Don’t beat Capture The Flag in Mode Madness), you go and shoot “blocks” that give you money of which you spend to get better stuff. That stuff will allow you to continue moving on past the all 5 levels faster and faster until… you’re done… you’re life is meaningless… you’ve got nothing to do…
NO

You can make a bonus section as well. Just like you could quote me on this, Bump. (Do it)

How To Make A Mine Shop

How to make a Mine Shop

The Mine Shop will help your players move on throughtout the game faster, and more effiecnent. I decided on 5 different things for the shop:

• Weapons buying
  • Tunnel Buying
  • Damage Buying
  • Free Range Mining Buying
  • Money a second Buying

(My shop)

Weapons buying

So why not let’s make you click on more buttons?

Weapons buying
Items needed:

• Item Image
  • Barrier
  • Vending Machine

Code for Item Image:
(Whatever weapon you want, pretty simple. Just like Bumping)
Code for Barrier:
(Small circle colored whatever rarity you want)
Code for Vending machine:
(Pretty simple actually… NO)

Screenshot 2024-03-30 153945

Tunnel Buying

Tunnel Buying
What you’ll need:

• Vending Machine
  • Teleporter

Code for teleporter:
None it’s just decoration
Code for Vending Machine (Example for Mine 3):

Screenshot 2024-03-30 154454

Damage Buying

Damage Buying
What you need:

• Vending Machine (Duh)
  • Damage Boost

Code for Vending Machine:

Code For Damage Boost:

Free Range Buying

Free Range Buying
What you’ll need:

• Vending Machine
  • Teleporter (2)
  • Barrier
    Code for Vending Machine:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 155631

Code For Teleporters

Code For Barrier:

Money A Second Buying

Money A Second Buying
What you need:

• Vending Machine
  • Trigger
  • Wire Repeater
  • Item Granter

The code for Vending Machine:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 160613
The Code For the Trigger:

The Code for The Item Granter:

Wire Repeater:
Screenshot 2024-03-30 160834
Just do a Trigger clock.

Education Edition

How To Make An Education Edition

This really can be done with any map but this is the final result, so let’s just do the whole copy and paste the code from Forums to game shall we? No? Nice, less time wasted.
Final Result
Screenshot 2024-03-30 161008
What you’ll need:

• 2 Buttons
  • 1 Text
  • 1 Teleporter
  • 2 Lifecycles
  • 2 Game Overlays
  • 1 Questioner
  • 1 Item Granter
  • 1 Movement Meter
  • 1 Zone

Code for Buttons:

Text Stuff:
Write an explanation of what the question stuff is, and what to do.
Teleporter:
Screenshot 2024-03-30 175632
LifeCycles:
Screenshot 2024-03-30 175703
Screenshot 2024-03-30 175707
Game Overlay 1:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 175759
Game Overlay 2:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 175812
Questioner:

Item Granter:

Movement Meter:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 180119
Screenshot 2024-03-30 180123
Zone (Make it cover most of the map):

How to Make The Lobby and Game Start Stuff

How to Make The Lobby and Game Start Stuff

What’s a game without a start? I don’t know either, so I’m hopeless. Oh wait! we can make a Lobby:
Screenshot 2024-03-31 082414
It would be pretty simple actually. All you would need is a Spawn Pad set to pre-game, and decorate it a bit. Maybe some examples of some of the things in the area. I could also advertise otherstuff there too (Like my Gimkart game). This isn’t a bad idea, I should do it! Oh wait I did.

Hole on then. What about when the game starts? How will we do that? With the a Spawn Pad? Ya, duh, but then what would happen next? You should be prepared for what comes your way in the game so maybe some starting money and wepaon would do. (Starting Inventory: Common Blaster. Starting Inventory: 15 cash). Now we got the Inventory stuff sorted out what about:

A place for the player to select their tunnel. The red barrier deactivates on Normal player, the second on Restart L1, the third on Level 3 Unlocked, the fourth on Level 4 Unlocked, and the fifth on Level 5 Unlocked.
The zone you see there says When player enters transmit 123. Which also deactivates it.

Nice, we’ve got the tunnel select and Lobby, but what about all the other stuff not in the rest of this amazing guide (Bump it). First get 2 Game Overlays one of which says:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 083301
And the other:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 083346

There is one more thing we (I hope it’s a we), need to do before moving on. The respawn! We aren’t just teleport a bunch of players back, we’re gonna respawn. Get the respawn device, and copy and paste 9 times. Then put this into each one indivitually:

• Restart L1
  • No Q
  • Yes Q
  • respawn
  • Selecter
  • Restart T2
  • Restart T3
  • Restart T4
  • Restart T5

That’s the end of this!

How To Make The Tunnels

How To Make The Tunnels

In the last clickable triangle (Which you should’ve read), we saw the Tunnel Selecter, and 3 clickable triangles ago (Which you also should’ve read), we talked about the shop which unlocks levels 3, 4, and 5. First I’ll show you pictures of the tunnels then explain (Tunnel 1 top, under is Tunnel 2, under that is Tunnel 3, under that is Tunnel 4, and under all that is Tunnel 5):

Screenshot 2024-03-31 162713

Screenshot 2024-03-31 162830

The idea is each level has a type of rock and each getting harder to mine as you go down. The harder the rock the more the money. The money alows players to buy better stuff to mine, and other stuff to mine.
Also, at the end of each tunnel make a zone that respawns the player and transmits on channel something that’ll allow a player to unlock the next level.

Outro

Did you read everything? Or did you just click on the link and maybe even give me a like? While I aprreciate that I’d prefer you take somthing away form this, so feedback would be nice. A GimAI rating might even do. Thanks for clicking though, and I hope you click away learning something about Gimkit, so adios.

Next Guides

I plan on working more guides than games for a little so:

Next guides:

• The Books of Tetris 2: The good, the bad, the Gimkit:
    I’ve learnt how to move the pieces, but not flip. Gimkit being Gimkit.
  • The Captain-Gimerican way to makeing a racing game Part 2:
    A guide and game based of Duck Life that really show there’s more ways to race than one. Earn that speed this time, earn that endurance, earn that… everything.
  • WON Comics (No.1): Steampunk Royale:
    Learn how to make a Steampunk map and a Battle Royale in a unique way that’s fun and colerful.
How hard was this?
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
0 voters
How Good was this guide?
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
0 voters
8 Likes

I will use this while making my minigame for the gimkit contest
I don’t have platformer but I can convert it to “up-down”… I hope…

1 Like

The whole system may completely change depending on the device, but this probely would be too much to change instead of just using the device and whatever.

2 Likes

Beautiful guide @Captain-Gim

1 Like

Yeah! It’s cool! :rofl:

1 Like

@Captain-Gim can we switch PFP?

1 Like

U wants j0in MOEG? @THEHACKER120 look! sorry for melon off topic ness

Ya sure.

What are you talking about?

MOEG! @THEHACKER120 can explain better. Melon.

Let’s not do that here please.

@MOON:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 114458

Second ever person to hold the sheild @MOON:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 114800

Okay. Melon sorry.

1 Like

Can I have your original PFP?

1 Like

This is so cool!!! 2 bad I don’t have platformers. >:/

1 Like

MOEG= Myterious Organization of Evil Go-doers