How to make a minimap? (Displayed on the side, top left, whatever)

I suggest you use waypoints.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Does putting a flag on a player and setting a waypoint for it work?

You can wire the flag device (or whatever thats called) with a waypoint, that activates when the flag is picked up from base.

1 Like

Tried it! It works. Thanks!

Mark a solution!

1 Like

@TheOUTFOXER, please mark a solution.

1 Like

this is actually a really interesting technical question

boys i think we found a clay-institute problem :smiley:

3 Likes

Features that aren’t added/aren’t able to make in game doesn’t really count as clay-institute… Right?

1 Like

First of all, the health remover is very near impossible, but its a clay-institute question.
Second of all, this is absolutely possible using a LOT of properties, text displays, etc.

1 Like

Should I tag it as a clay institute?

1 Like

Does this really open a whole new world of possibilities?

1 Like

In a way, it could because right now maps don’t really have stuff like this and it could impact a lot of maps greatly.

1 Like

In that case, a ton of things can be tagged as clay-institute.

1 Like

You could create an several different emoji maps mixed with triggers that would replace the overlay with a different one with a blue dot for your location. (Not sure if this would work because I’m not able to get on right now but I would love if someone could test this or tell me the flaws in this idea and how to improve it)

1 Like

That method would be theoretically possible but incredibly tedious to implement.

1 Like

The triggers would probably only be in certain locations like one at the entrance of a town and no other ones for the town so it would just tell you that you were in the town not exactly where you were.

1 Like

That would be easier. Phew.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, I might test this for my Pokémon map later if I have enough memory to implement it.

1 Like
Should I tag this?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

I think you should build the rudimentary framework for the entire map before adding the small/medium details or mechanics into the game.

1 Like