How to make a melee weapon (Kind of?)

Not really it’s about melee weapons…

Summary

Did you become the new off-topic police??

I just don’t wanna get banned!!!

1 Like

I have been punished for off topic posting before- the golden rule is to just talk about gimkit only. Anyway, what do you think of the click detection being applied in a melee fighting system?

Well, I also don’t expertise, but let’s say a prop with 1 hp you a always being activated by a repeater, when you destroy it, it does the action

Is there a way to detect a change in ammo or something?

I don’t know, maybe when you fire, it can kill a prop as I said, what if you could detect a fire with an item, thus tracking the ammo you have

Click a button to attack and another to block. Attack button sends message on channel “attack” and the block button on channel “block” then we’ll have two triggers. One to attack and the other to block.

First trigger:

If | get property (Health) => 0 | then
Do | broadcast on channel "respawn" [idea from here_to_help]
Elif | get property (Health) > 0 and get property block = false
Do | Set property (Health)
Value: get property (Health) - [insert damage choice]
Elif | get property (Health) > 0 and get property (block) = true | then
Do | Set property (block)
Value: false

Second trigger:

| Set property (block)
Value: true

Just a theory…(it isn’t as simple as it looks because those things would all affect the player who clicked it, so the person who pressed attack would get attacked by themselves)

An attack block button is really nice, but it would be cool if you could click anywhere on the screen instead. A combat and block melee system with buttons is pretty simple and possible, but being able to click anywhere for the system to work is what is the complex part that would have to be figured out.

1 Like

Inventory item managers could be used to detect changes in ammo with the property change wire, right?

2 Likes

i think you can also just make a health granter grant negative health, correct me if not.

You can’t yet, its been requested a lot

oh ok. got it! (i need 20 characters)

@TheGimOfAll, you can use <> and put characters in them

Like this

This is great thanks for making this topic! :grin:

You can see NavyCatZ’s or WhoAmI guide to regenerating health, @Coffee.

Um…correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t believe I ever made a guide on how to regen health…

Oh. Just realized I was wrong. Sorry!

is this still a wip?

Man my first non prop art guide, BUMP for old times