How to make a “How to Play” at the Beginning of a Game Difficulty: 2/10 🟩

Hello, Gimkiters! This is my first guide, so please bear with me. I am not able to post pics, as I am using a different device as my map for this, but I will teach you how to make a sort of “tutorial,” using just 1 lifecycle and a bunch of Popups. For me, I used three popups.

How to do it: Place a Lifecycle down, and make sure it’s set to “On Game Start.” Then, put down a popup button. Make sure that it’s call to action is “Next.” Wire the Lifecycle to the pop up. Event occurs –Open pop up. Also, make sure the header text the pop up is “how to play.” Then add a bunch of more pop-ups, they can be anything you want. These pop-ups are where you add the rules of your game. That you need to have though is the primary call to action be "next. "also, make sure that whenever you have the pop-ups wire the previous pop up to the next one. Primary call to action clicked –Open pop up. Also, have the last pop up have the primary call to action be “done.”

And, that’s it! That’s how you make how to play guide at the beginning of the game. It’s super easy and now you can make it! Also, please make sure two comment on if you were able to do this and what I can work on in future guides. Good luck and happy Gimkitting!

7 Likes

This is a great first guide. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is my first guide, so I was worried that it wouldn’t be at all that good

2 Likes

Great guide! Perhaps you can add some pictures.

2 Likes

I was going to, I do not have access to my game kit map right now I wish I did add pictures, though.

1 Like

Id love to see more guides like this. Lots of new people on the forum post guides just to post a guide. But you did way better thx for being here.

1 Like

I would change this difficulty to 2/10 tho.

1 Like

Nice guide! This is definitely needed for beginners!

1 Like

This is a nice guide!
On your later guides, make sure to add pictures!

Nice guide, but I am wanting to be percashus as i say this, you have overshared to much personal info in you bio. Please change it to were it does not say your age and you location does not say your exact adress. Personal info is meant to be personal(private) and with the world today you really never know what could happen. So just for extra safety i would get rid of those factors in you bio.

3 Likes

Great guide! The one flaw (overlooked by countless people) is that since the host triggered the game start, the lifecycle broadcasts only for the host. So you should add a relay that is triggered by the lifecycle.

Nice job! I suggest adding screenshots to make this easier to understand, though.

Nice first guide! It’s pretty easy to understand and overall a good post! I would request some pictures and some organization for easy understanding. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the forums! Also, great guide.

Bumpin this guide up a little bit

Bump