( 🔎 ) How to make a gif on your school device for forums [🟦 or 1/10]

If you’re using windows, you could instead record it with OBS, which is easy to setup and use, and then convert it to gif with a program or website.

4 Likes

OBS also works on Macs, I use it often.

2 Likes

since i dont use windows, can anyone give me the best advice on how to make a gif on windows, i can do it through a slide show, or as the @M1dnight guide on OBS said or whatever it is

because I can make a guide for Windows, but it won’t work

I don’t use Windows, but OBS is probably good. The one downside is that you have to have an app downloaded and running on your computer. Another good resource is Screencastify, then you can use CloudConvert to convert it to a GIF.

1 Like

is this if we mention that it can be blocked?

Edit:I mean, are you sure this is NOT blocked on school devices?
@NoNoWahoo

I don’t really understand what you’re asking.
Edit: I’m not sure about OBS, but Screencastify isn’t blocked in my district - in fact, the extension is automatically installed on all the Chromebooks.

1 Like

2 Likes

is that more understandable?

1 Like

Yes, thanks.

in that case i will try this option

1 Like

Thanks! I used this like 5 times already!

2 Likes

if your on a school chromebook, they have a built in screen recorder using ctrl + shift + taskview (or the box with 2 lines to the right)

2 Likes

We already discussed this in the chat, but thanks

also i thought this is a world statistic, not school gadgets, but still considering that many voted for “YES” i have already prepared some material for windows, maybe i will soon post it for your checking.

and yes, BUMP

2 Likes

Cool Guide!!

Bump

1 Like

what does bump mean?

When you reply to a topic, you bump that topic to the top of the ‘latest’ page.

OH. I get it now! Thanks! @NoNoWahoo

1 Like

On both Windows 10/11 you can record using Windows+Alt+R.

If you want audio, you can upload as YouTube video.

1. Record (using your device and method shown in the guide)
  2. Go to youtube and click the upload icon next to the notification bell on your profile.
  3. Import the file into the youtube editor. Select unlisted, and not made for kids.
  4. When it is made, copy the link and put it into forums.
1 Like