How to make a game where you "protect a sentry" (2/10 or šŸŸ©)

What you need
1 x sentry
1 x vending machine
1 x counter
1 - 3 x barriers (any type)

To start, place down the vending machine. and make it transmit on a channel. Call the channel ā€œUpgradeā€ You may make the currency anything. I also picked an icon from gimkitā€™s allowed icons.

Now add the sentry, make it on the team that the players are on, for this game they will be on team 1, so I chose team 1! Now add the barriers around the Sentry, make the scopeā€™s settings global, and make the NON visible at the start of the game, and make them destroyable with however many health you need.
Now add the counter, make it non visible to players, and itā€™s target value 1. Make it be incremented when receiving on channel ā€œUpgradeā€ now, wire the counter to the all of the barriers, it should be
Target value reached ---------- Show prop
Now when players purchase the upgrade, it adds more protection. Duplicate it for the other side!
OPTIONAL: To make more barriers to protect, simply add more counters, each with a target value of +1 of the previous counter, and wire them to the new barriers!
OPTIONAL 2: You can duplicate it so that there will be 2 teams, the Sentry should be on team 2 now, and you may add a barrier, and a trigger, and a lifecycle. Make the trigger delay ___ seconds, that is how long the timer will be, make the trigger non available by collision, and non visible, next wire the Lifecycle to the trigger, so that when the game starts the trigger triggers, and wire it to the barrier so that when the trigger is triggered, it deactivates!
Let me know how I did, iā€™m sorry, its my first post!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and great first guide! I like that you added optional parts. The first word of optional part 2 is uncapitalized unlike the first word of optional part 1, so you might want to fix that.

3 Likes

Thanks, also realized I forgot to rate it lol, thanks for the like and tip!

1 Like

nice guide!

try using more line breaks after each paragraph to make it look better, like this

this is a paragraph

this is also a paragraph

(why does it cost 69???)

1 Like

Yeah I should have, I just forgot for some reason, also nice Pfp!

1 Like

Nice job! This is a good idea!

Welcome to the forum, @Coral! Check out the new-user-must-read and forum-tips for more easy help! Read the Community Guidelines for a gist of the rules. If you ever run into a hard problem, just ask away! After all, this is a community forum!