What you need to know

1. Setting
  2. Generator repair system
  3. The hunter
  4. The survivors
  5. A way to escape

Let’s get started
Setting
The setting needs to be somewhere dark and scary. Somewhere that gives the hunter an edge on things. Either in an office building or a camp. All it needs is a twist so the player knows it’s not like any other place.
Generator repair system
Credits for this: @Blackfox45666

The hunter
The hunter uses a sling shot but isn’t that fast. The hunter spawns somewhere far away like an old cabin or an air vent, the hunter’s role is to find the survivor and knock them out before they finish all of the generators
The survivor
The survivor has 2x speed and their role is to fix all the generators and escape where every you chose the setting, the survivor doesn’t have a w3apon nor can they find a w3apon. They aren’t suppose to defend themselves cause then everyone will be confused on who the hunter actually is.
A way to escape
For this you need five barriers stacked on top of each other (there might be an easier solution for this, this is what I came up with) wire all the buttons to each of the barriers and make it to where if the button was pressed then the barriers will disappear

This is for the sorting of roles
Screenshot 2024-10-07 12.43.22 PM

Hunter popup

Survivor popup

(How to make it to where only survivors can exit through the gates
Make the barriers team scoped to the survivor team
– Char =D)

Bye! (For now of course)
@EchoAgent28 and @Char

1 Like

Instead of just describing it maybe say which devices to use?

1 Like

I didn’t use that many devices but thx for the feedback

In order to make it where only the survivors can escape, you can change the active scope setting in the barrier to team so that way if a survivor deactivates a barrier, it only applies to the survivor team.

3 Likes

Char could def use this, considering…

I miss Char…

3 Likes

The game i’m making was inspired by him

Hi! DbD fan here. What about a cage mechanic? (the actual word used in game isn’t allowed) This creates most of the fun of DbD, and allows for other mechanics like the end game collapse timer. The current version of this guide is basically hunter mystery, but I’d love to see the mechanics that make DbD unique like health states, perks, and looping.

2 Likes

I’ll figure something out

I’m kinda scared to ask BH to make this a wiki

I have a friend that really likes DbD, never played it myself, so I don’t know if this would be an accurate question but, what if there was classes, they don’t give abilitys more so perks, like a stealth perk to make it harder to find you, a resilience perk to make it harder to KO you, and a support ability like a heal. (if this isn’t a thing In DbD I’m sorry!)

1 Like

That is very accurate actually, TY

also, I have made a game where survivors have to escape (based on a different game, but same premise) you can make it so infront of the exit there is a barrier that deactivates on a message and only deactivates for the triggering team, make it so that once all objectives are done a message brodcasts, but from a relay that’s audience is the survivor team.

1 Like

@Blackhole927 can you make this a wiki, I’ll understand if you say no

thats a good idea :thinking:

1 Like

Ooooo
Dbd eh?
If i remember from the youtube videos it had a skill tree system and a class/character selection system skilltrees for each character will consume a lot of memory depending on how you go about doing that classes i can make some interesting ones for sure i just have to debug em
And balance dem

1 Like

Nice guide! @2D-RT3X has left the party…

1 Like

Can you also make a cage mechanic like in the DbD games

1 Like

what does DbD stand for?

1 Like

Dead by daylight

BTW, I chose bonesy because he is close enough to Ghostface from SCREAM