How to make a Day/Night System (Outdated Use new one)

I would also recommend pressing enter after each step so they have their own lines. It looks good, though!

3 Likes

Will do that too thanks again.

4 Likes

It looks great! I think it’s a very interesting mechanic to try out! I wonder if I could find a way to have the light change over the course of day…

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. I might make a part 2 of this guide to add dawn, and dusk. And sleeping through the night.

3 Likes

For the night you could use a chalk board, make it 100% black, and change the transparency depending on how dark you want it, and make it really big.

4 Likes

Nice Guide, @Theaxolotl!

You can also shade it something like this:

3 Likes

I didn’t think of that. Also I would say that is a bit too dark. But at the end of the day you can customize your own usage of it in any way you like.

4 Likes

Make it less transparent and see if it helps. (or at least suggest it in the guide. If you want I’m not trying to pressure you)

2 Likes

You should change it in layers sk that the night barrier is above all the props and stuff. It looks more realistic, but nice guide!

6 Likes

The only thing about that is that this is about a mechanic for a survival map. Not really a theme. (Sorry I didn’t realize that you were talking about the comments.

3 Likes

Click on the link. There’s a comment there with a night time thing.

3 Likes

Oh okay thanks @WhereIsMyHat.

2 Likes

Idk how to do that. (Otherwise I would.)

2 Likes

It’s in the hud. It’s called “layers”. Find the barrier, and then click the three dots. Choose the option, “move to above layer”.

2 Likes

I knew the layers existed before your post, but it took me way to long to know the layers existed :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice guide, im making an RPG right now so ill use this!

2 Likes

This is such a good guide that I’ve decided to award it the
Screenshot 2023-11-27 9.11.47 PM
I give it 9/10.

Mistakes

Please write using the appropriate punctuation, capitalization, and stuff like that. It’s sorta confusing and messy when it’s written like that

What you did right
  1. You made an original topic
  2. You gave steps
  3. You gave the wire steps
  4. You added pictures
  5. You explained the topic before beginning
7 Likes

its an awesome guide @Theaxolotl! I’m really gonna use this for my next map!

2 Likes