How to have a cool down on tags

I am trying to make a game where there are 2 teams, team 2 has 1 person and team 1 has the rest. Team 1 will chase team 2, trying to tag them, then the player on team 2 will change to the player that just tagged the person on team 2. But since they switch instantly, team 2 becomes team 1 as team 1 becomes team 2 and they tag each other again and they both respawn. I originally tried to use a wire repeater with delay, however, that just made them both respawn but 1 second later. Is there currently a way to fix this?

Did you make the spawns for specific teams and away form each other to give space for them to run?

Yes, but when team 1 tries to tag team 2 they both respawn

Elaborate more.

this part was a lil confusing :confused:

1 Like

Here i’ll simplfied it:
Team 1 tags team 2 turning team 1 into team 2
team 2 will then turn to team 1 and try to tag vise versa.

(correct me if im wrong thanks)

Yeah this is right ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

T0ngue Twister!

How to make a tagging cooldown? - Help - Gimkit Creative

hopefully this works :sweat:

2 Likes

Just tried this and it still respawned both of them but didn’t allow them to tag each other until the cooldown time was up, unless I misunderstood something in the guide maybe

I think that’s how a cooldown works…

Screenshot 2024-09-17 4.21.07 PM
Here’s how it currently works without the cooldown, the relay assigns team 2 to a random player and when a player is tagged they are assigned to team 1 while the one that tagged them is assigned to team 2.

Yeah but the goal is to not have them tag each other, and to have the one that tagged stay alive while the one that was tagged respawn, and I thought I could do this with a cooldown somehow

the code on that may be too complicated maybe you could try something else that’s easier

If you want to change their team, that’s not possible unless you use pseudo-teaming.

Yeah I realized later yesterday that team changing makes the player respawn so I’ll look into pseudo-teaming

1 Like