How to Create a Working Bed Wars Bed Mechanic (Difficulty ?/10)

Overview
This is my first guide, but I’m pretty good with devices so I thought that this guide would be fun to make. It consists of block code, properties and triggers. By the end of it, you should have a bed that when destroyed makes you not respawn.

What You Need

1. A Bed Prop
  2. A Relay Device
  3. A Trigger Device
  4. A Lifecycle Device
  5. A Property Device
  6. A Team Switcher Device
  7. A Checker Device
  8. A Spawn Pad Device (Not Pictured)

Screenshot_20240624-070326_kindlephoto-188756633

The Bed
First things first, let’s change the damage of this thing. For that go to the ‘Damage’ section and enable the ‘Prop Damage’ setting to yes. Then change the ‘Prop Health’ to whatever you want.

The Lifecycle
This one is very easy to do. The first setting ‘Event’ you should change to ‘Player Knocked Out’

The Team Switcher
This one is also easy, you just change the ‘Switch Strategy’ to ‘Specific Team’ and the it should automatically be at spectators which is what we want.

The Property
Ughh. I don’t want to explain this one so just configure all your settings like this picture. You can change the property name to really anything, but copying this exactly might be helpful later in this guide.

The Spawn Pad
The Device
Change the ‘Visible In-Game’ to No, the ‘Use During Phase’ to Game, the ‘Allowed Team’ to Team 1 and let ‘Everyone’ spawn on it.
Game Settings
Click the settings icon, go to ‘Map Options’ and then go to the ‘Teams’ section. For ‘Teams’ do Specific Team Size, for ‘Number of Teams’ choose any and ‘Team Placement’ should be Split Evenly

The Relay
Only 2 settings for this one, the ‘Relay Audience’ should be at All Players On Specific Team, and the ‘Team’ should be Team 1.

The Trigger
This one is the hardest yet, so pay close attention. First we have to make the trigger untriggerable by player, so change the ‘Triggerable By Player Collision’ Off. The ‘Active Scope’ must also be turned to team. Of you ever find any other Active Scope anywhere in these devices, change it to team.
Finally, the hardest part, the blocks. Just create a when triggered block and make it just like this:
Screenshot_20240624-081220_kindlephoto-191947532

The Checker
Just look at the photo. It only needs one check btw.

The Wires
Yes! Finally done with all the devices. Now, I did wires to make things easier. Lets begin. First, make a wire from the bed to the relay that when prop destroyed, trigger relay. Next a wire from relay to trigger that when relayed, trigger the trigger. Next, do a wire from the lifecycle to the checker that when event ooccurs, run check. Lastly of course, a wire from checker to the team switcher that is when check passes, switch teams.

Conclusion
Now, lets run through what happens. When your bed is destroyed, it increases a property. Whenever you bite the dust that property is checked to see if it was increased. If it was then you go to spectator.

• This is the worst guide ever.
  • It kind of works…
  • Wow this is amazing!
0 voters
  • 1/10 Difficulty
  • 2/10 Difficulty
  • 3/10 Difficulty
  • 4/10 Difficulty
  • 5/10 Difficulty
  • 6/10 Difficulty
  • 7/10 Difficulty
  • 8/10 Difficulty
  • 9/10 Difficulty
  • 10/10 Difficulty
0 voters
3 Likes

block code was not needed. you could have just used devices and stuff… also… difficulty is 3/10, not 7/10.

Yeah, I don’t really know this the difficulty levels work. The block code is necessary, it makes it so that the property increases.

fun fact: you can increment / decrement properties with counters. They have an option that lets you change the value of a property

1 Like

Oh wow, I didn’t know that. Thanks for telling me!

1 Like

good guide, @FutbolGuy! I remember your games Bedwars and Castle Defence and the “lives” you hosted!

2 Likes

Thanks! Nice to see someone I know on the forums.

Wow! Love the organization!
The thing is, there is this guide which is the same thing but with items (it uses less memory).
And what chrysostom said too.

1 Like

Actually, there’s a fun method to make this system without any blocks whatsoever. So, we know that once your bed is destroyed, you turn to a spectator, right? So then we can place down a lifecycle (player knocked out) and a team switcher (switches to spectator). But wait, what about the bed-checking system? Here’s the fun part. Place down a deactivated trigger. When the prop acting as the bed is destroyed, just activate the trigger (the trigger is TEAM-SCOPED). Then, wire the lifecycle to the trigger, and the trigger to the team switcher. If your bed isn’t destroyed, this connection doesn’t work because the trigger is deactivated, but once your bed is destroyed, the connection does work because the trigger is activated.

1 Like

(bro using his own guide without actually posting it)

1 Like

Midpoint triggers are the best type of triggers :D

It’s like a train track that has its middle piece placed in a nearby forest, and activating the trigger slides the track piece back in. It’s like a switch in a circuit that allows the charges and stuff (idk im not an electrician) to move.

1 Like