How to create a GUI/desktop đŸŸȘ | WIP

The API doesn’t directly access the channels. Instead, they are activated/deactivated by reading a string(Operating System) that controls this.

7 Likes

Also broadcasting on a channel will cause a delay (1 frame I think) which won’t affect the display, but will affect computation of where pixels should be if you’re using recursion. Recursion with the same trigger is mostly unaffected, but two triggers calling each other will lag.

4 Likes

Wait but gimkit doesn’t have a way to go through a string character by character, how are you doing this?

4 Likes

It does. You need a checker to check the value of the string size and a counter to iterate.

4 Likes

@Cavaire3D The game code is showing.

5 Likes

I’m pretty excited to see how this works

This is the largest display ever made.

5 Likes

omg guys carvaire is back for good!!!

6 Likes

anyways excited 2 see this (like blackhole)!!! very technical project

4 Likes

This looks like my brain would explode if I tryied to copy that

4 Likes

Mine would do, and I haven’t tryied yet.

2 Likes

Yeah I like my brain too much and my brain is already melting because I’ve been creating all of the devices for @WolfTechnology & mine among us map

2 Likes

Making these kind of stuff is like creating a cpu in MC. Can’t wait to see the final project!

2 Likes

I’d suggest making them all in google sheets before creating them (i have for shift cipher, affine cipher, and vigenere cipher but not hill cipher).

5 Likes

except minecraft has less limitations

3 Likes

Yeah.

2 Likes

Wow
the next generation of technical projects is upon us.

4 Likes

This reminds me of people trying to play Bad Apple on everything.

3 Likes

We don’t know, since the only display(s?) so far have been made with text objects. I have avoided caviars design becuase I’m too lazy to make like 10,000 channels, and because of the lag that might happen with a lot of props fading in and out.

6 Likes

My computer would explode if I tried to do that

2 Likes

That looks super cool, but I think my brain (and my computer) would probably explode if I tried to do that!

3 Likes