How do you make revenge in a battle royale type gamemode?

wthat was the wrong thing. uhhh i actually thought I had a way. turns out I don’t. you cant get who knocked the player out in the K.O manager

1 Like

Maybe use lifecycles?

1 Like

I think you should use knockout managers

1 Like

Like I said in another post: is it possible to link two players together with data?

1 Like

You can link two currencies using a “bank” or “chest”, but probably not the life of two players

1 Like

This will be tough to code, if even possible. Oh boy…

2 Likes

Next big hurdle to accomplish

2 Likes

life cycles can only detect
Game Start
Player Knocked Out
Player Knocking Out
all are sent on behalf of the game host there is no way to use blocks in a lifecycle

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I have enough memory to figure this out, all my maps are at like 90-99 percent.

1 Like

However, you can link a lifecycle to a trigger, and have said trigger run blocks on behalf of the lifecycle.

2 Likes

Life cycle and some good old item granters could get us a foundation

3 Likes

If we could figure out how to give the tagger and tagee the same item, we could checker and done

2 Likes

Here’s how I would do it:
At the start of the game, store each players name in a property. Have an additional property for each player. When a knockout manager detects a knockout, store the players who knocked them out in the player who was knocked out’s property. Then, when a player is knocked out, check if it was that player, and if so, switch the previously knocked out player to the living team again.

Only thing is that this solution would force a max amount of players in the game, since you would need a property for each player. It would also be quite difficult to do, involving recursion and text manipulation

3 Likes

This is 100% possible though, I made an among us voting system on this concept.

3 Likes

How do we store a taggers name in a tagees property?

2 Likes

What if we make a counter which has a scope for every player, right?

Then, we make any target value. Next, when the tagger gets knocked out, do "target value reached when receiving on “tagger knocked out”. Wire it to a team switcher, so that the taggee gets put back in the game.

This was completely off the top of my head, so it might not work. But hey! We’re all trying.

Edit: Nevermind. That wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Block code- set the property to tagging players name

2 Likes

Maybe we could use relays?

2 Likes

In a true or false property, which number is true and which one is false?
Resolved, just switched to using number properties again.

1 Like

Okay. I’m gonna think about using team switchers and AWO.

3 Likes