How do you make a system so when a player is KO by a player they spectate

How do you make a system so that when a player is KOd by another player, they spectate, but not when a sentry KOs a player?

Knockout Manager: Player (wire) ā†’ Team Switcher: Spectators

Edit: Yeahhhh my version is wrong

he wants it more specific i think. just use counter-booleans + checkers, but im too lazy rn to show how :/ [1]

1. i js woke up ā†©ļøŽ

I am kinda new here, but what are booleans?

Boolean expression is an expression that works on true or false values using and, or, and not operations

1 Like

And how would I get these in the checker?

Not in a checker, but with a counter. To my understanding, counter-booleans use booleans by checking numbers.

I canā€™t remember who, but someone gave a great example on this, it was something like:

Say you wanted to check if a number from a number pad, (numbers 1-5) was pressed. Instead of putting a property to that number and then using 5 triggers, you make 5 counters that update their own properties, then checking if any of the counters properties were updated after a number pad was pressed.

But, I canā€™t really help you with this because Iā€™m not as experienced with it as I would like to be, so your best bet is @Kosm0-o

1 Like

@Kosm0-o, I need help!!!

sorry Iā€™m in school. will get back to you in a few hours
also, shadow dragon, that was me who said that lol

Make it so when a player knocks out it increments a counter

Make it so when a player is knocked out it increments a counter

After connect those 2 counters to their own separate property. Make property global and number. Make it so a checker goes off but first it goes to a trigger with a delay of 1 second goā€™s off when they increment it checks. Once they check and both are equal to each other- then make it so they reset, well they should already be reset by making it so when it reaches itā€™s goal it resets, and make it so the player that got knocked out checks the counter and if itā€™s equal and goes through the checker then they get spectator mode.

Anyways try it out- see if it works. Itā€™s not guaranteed as I just made this up in my mind.

1 Like

just got back. looks like txme beat me to it :D
The only thing wrong with txmeā€™s system is that checkerā€™s canā€™t compare 2 property values, so instead, have a 1 second delay wire repeater or trigger after the lifecycle for ā€œknocked outā€ and have a checker check to see if the property for the ā€˜knocks outā€™ lifecycleā€™s counter is equal to 1. If so, set team to spectate. (Delete the counter and property for the ā€œknocked outā€ lifecycle.)