How do I add a purchasable multiplyer for a single player to earn more reward per question

I need a 2x / 8x cash multiplyer for my game but i am struggling to figure out how to do it and how to make sure it only works for a player whom purchases the upgrade.

What do you mean?
If you want them to get it after buying it, then use a wire or channel to broadcast on when they bought it. Then, make according changes.

Ok so imagine two players Jim and Bob, I want to make it so when Bob goes up to a vending machine and purchases the item labled “Cash multiplyer” that Bob gets 2 cash when awnsering a question instead of 1. I want to make sure also that Jim still gets 1 cash per question untill he makes the purchase.

1 Like

It hasnt worked for me,

Welcome!

Connect the questioner to a trigger. Set it to be deactivated when the game starts. Make sure it is not visible in game and you cannot trigger it by stepping on it. Connect the trigger to an item granter that grants 10 cash. Then connect the vending machine to the deactivated trigger to activate it. Make sure the questioner also triggers the item granter when you answer a question correctly.

If this helps, mark it as a solution.

1 Like

I have multiple questioners around the map, how do I do this without losing my mind?

You don’t.

Make all the questioners transmit on a channel, then you can have the trigger trigger when it receives on that channel

1 Like

Alright, thanks ill try

Welcome to the forum, @BraydanKramer! Check out the beginner-must-read and forum-tips for more easy help! Read the Community Guidelines for a gist of the rules. If you ever run into a hard problem, talk to anyone who has the word “Regular” next to their profile name. They can help you with hard and in-depth concepts and mechanics!

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.