How can I make a NPC say your name?

I assume I can do this with blocks, but I don’t really know how to do it.

1 Like

Not sure… prob something to do with text and Triggering Player’s Name block

2 Likes

You use the Create Text With block, then attach a text there and type what you want, and then the Triggering Player’s Name block.

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like right now with no blocks.

Something like On Trigger: “Your text” “Get Triggering Players Name” “More of Your Text”

1 Like

Make this in a pop-up and adjust it to your liking.

2 Likes

The concept reminds me of doki doki literature club, where Monica uses your steam name to freak you out. That game is psychotic, the creators rly knew how to do horror

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

The wire pulse thing will not show the pop-up, it just alters the content. Depending on your wire setting it will either show the pop-up without any content or no show it at all. You have to either switch it to a channel and also make the pop-up receive on that channel or have a separate wire that also changes the content of the pop-up via the wire pulse setting after the pop-up is shown.

2 Likes

Can you simplify that?

Basically, instead of making the pop up open, do the code @NavyCatZ said, make the thing that opens it run the wire pulse block, and open the pop up

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.