HL2 Healing Mechanic

In HL2 (Half-Life 2), there is a device that you hold your left mouse button on and it heals you rapidly. I wanted to remake this thing on GKC and this is what I’ve got.

How it works:

You get into a "heal zone', press an invisible button (doesn't matter if it is visible or not), and it starts healing you quickly. When you exit out of the zone, it stops healing you and you are good to go.

Base Setup

This is how the base setup looks like:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.11.38 AM

How to make it:

Devices needed:
  • 1 Lifecycle
  • 1 Relay
  • 2 Triggers
  • 1 Wire repeater
  • 1 Health Granter
  • 1 Zone
  • 1 Button

Place the lifecycle and the relay. Do not change their settings. Then, place a trigger and a wire repeater.
Go in the trigger’s settings (click on it) and set the delay to around 0.05 - 0.15 seconds.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.06.22 AM

Wire everythng as following:

This is how it should look like:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.05.35 AM

The reason you need a relay is because the lifecycle is triggered only for the game host, who is the one who starts the game. Trigger only activates for the player, and because of that you need to have something that will make the trigger loop activate for everyone on the game. A relay with its default settings fixes that.

Now, Place another trigger and edit it’s settings as Follows:

• Go to the “Availability” tab;
  • Set “Active on Game Start” to “No”;
  • Set the channel for “Activate when recieving on” to anything you want. I set it to “Heal”;
  • Set the channel for “Deactivate when recieving on” to anything you want. I set it to “Stop Heal”;
  • Set “Active Scope” to “Player”.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.12.06 AM

Then, place a Health Granter, and adjust it like this:

• Set “Amount” to around 1-3.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.46.13 AM

After that, wire the trigger you last placed and to the granter like this:

And the wire repeater to the trigger:

Now, to make this to actually give you health, we will do this:

Place a button and adjust it’s setings like this:

• Set the channel for “When the player leaves zone” to the one you set in the trigger for deactivating it (mine was “Stop Heal”);
  • (Optional) You can set the “Zone Shape” to "circle, or leave it as a rectangle if you want.

After that place a button INSIDE the zone, and change its settings:

• Set the channel for “When button pressed” to the channel you set in the last trigger for activating it. Mine was “Heal”;
  • (Optional) Set “Visible In Game” to “No”;
  • Go to the "Availability’ tab;
  • Set the channel for “Activate button” to the one you set in the trigger for deactivating it (mine was stop heal)
  • Set the channel for “Deactivate button” to the one you set in the trigger for activating it (mine was heal)

And with that the base setup is complete.

You can choose to stick with this one, I will later try to make a “continuation” to this for nerfing this in PVP games.

Have a great day.

6 Likes

Nice guide, I might use this in my BR game!

Really Cool!

Maybe if you do some tinkering you may be able to make the combine chargers that players used to charge the H.E.V suit.

I’d imagine using sheilds for that. Same process.

Great guide, really useful :+1: