Hidden Treasures 3/10 or đźź©

Mysteries are fun to solve. Getting a reward is even better. Small rewards for finding things, checking all the crates. This is a guide on hiding things for people to find.

1. Distractions are easy. In One Way Out, the library, you know to go down, that’s where the text is. However, if you go up you find some plants. They give you gold key cards which lead you on a whole other adventure. Make it so that the way to go is obvious. Put the path just in sight. Players will think “Oh! Found you! I’m so clever” and head down wards. A bunch of arrows? That could make them go “Heh Heh, I’m not going to do that! I’m a little rebel”

2. Make the room big. The room should be a square, so people see this way <-----> but not up and down. Most people’s screens have a width longer than their height and so only see left and right.

3. The prop covering it can be many things. A spacesuit! Cool! You put it on A Free Shield can underneath! Cooler! Cardboard boxes, Space containers, Storage containers all of them work. Bookshelves can have things hidden too.

4. The hidden treasure is easy to set up. Place a button, connect it to an item granter, place the prop on top. Make the button invisible and done! Another thing you can do is delete the wire connecting the button and item granter. Add a pop up with a call to action button, leading to another pop up and then the item granter.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 10.22.57 PM
Wire set up

Screenshot 2023-10-07 10.25.37 PM
Button found

Screenshot 2023-10-07 10.26.36 PM
Hinting a bit more

Screenshot 2023-10-07 10.27.23 PM
Found It!

How was this guide
I’m trying to make better ones. How did I do?

• 1/5 Terrible
  • 2/5 Still bad
  • 3/5 Like A “C” maybe
  • 4/5 Cool beans
  • 5/5 Wow!
0 voters
2 Likes

Cool beans. I enjoyed reading this, you did a pretty good job for a meta post. Remember, pictures are powerful, and it can never hurt to add more! Nice job!

You can make it up and down, just try not to make all the rooms up and down, maybe some combinations of squares and vertical rectangles

What’s a meta post? A meta post is a post that isn’t directly about GKC, but is adjacent. Like the Psas. Or the helper scale.

Nice job! Is this really a 4/10? I think of it as more of a 2/10 or 3/10.

Done :sunglasses:
Also @ClicClac what is a Meta Post and how is this one?

another idea:
you can make something stand out to hint that a secret may be there
ex:
you can make a room out of barriers, which stands out, and hints that one of them may be destroyable and lead to a secret passage

@Pika_Pokemon A room out of barriers stands out, which makes it not hidden. Hidden is the main modifier. Both the prop and the device would stand out.

thats the point

Ooohhh… like the third picture. Sorry about that

It’s literally in his username.

1 Like