Help with extra life

Hey guys in my game the players get tagged and get switched to spectator Idk how to give a player an extra life if they find it so they get tagged they are still in but loose the extra life any ideas

2 Likes

Make a property called lives (set to local for each player).

When a player is knocked (knockout manager check), check if lives = 0.
if lives == 0:
switch player to spectator
else:
respawn player

Make a button or an item checker for the life pickup or something, then increase lives by 1 when picked up. Don’t forget to set the default value for lives to 1.

1 Like

Also just realized indents don’t work properly… And that this forum is the exact same as replit (programming website) and I could have formatted the code :expressionless:

Hold up your confusing me can you show a picture

Don’t have much time rn, I’ll have it here within an hour or 2 if that works (I’ll start now, but idk if I’ll finish within the next 10 min before i gtg)

Okay did it barely in time.

Does that make more sense to you? I can’t go far into depth now, but I’d be happy to at 2:45 - 3:00 (still U.S. time)

How to you get to that coding page?

@Chuck72 , It is in the blocks section of the trigger

1 Like

Ok got it so how do i hook that up to the spectator devices

Rip the new user post limit :expressionless:

Sorry it took me a while to get back, to answer your question you use a team switcher.

We have our block that checks the lives, right?

NOOOO THE MEDIA POST LIMIT RIP

Steps:
TeamSwitcher → When KillPlayer → Switch to Spectator
Respawner → When RespawnPlayer -->Respawn

I’m assuming that for the tag system, you want to respawn them at a spawnpoint (or you have a checkpoint be set that’s connected to the respawner)

Anyway, let me know if you need help with anything else! I’ll try to always be able to set a few minutes aside. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but alt accounts are not allowed here @jjnitzanalt

Oh oops, I hit the max post limit on my main, I can delete this account if you want?

That would be ideal.

ok, it won’t delete my post right? I do want them to see the answer

Just reset the password to a bunch of random letters

Welcome to the forum @jjnitzanalt & @Chuck72!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.