Guide Ideas For a Technical Pro

Hey there!

If you don’t know me, my name is shdwy. I’ve been in the community for a while, but kinda took a break over the past 6 months. While I’m not necessarily all the way back yet, I do wanna dip my toes in the water again, which is why I’m here.

TL;DR I’m looking for technical guide ideas.

Now, I’m not talking about something super simple like “how to make a window.” I mean something that’s even remotely a challenge for someone well versed in Gimkit. A long time ago, I made the save file guide, and that’s now one of the most liked guides on the site. I’m looking for something like that.

If there’s anything you’ve been struggling with, any quantum mechanics you’ve discovered, lemme know and I’ll see if I can make a guide about it!

to the guy making 2048

I’m not touching that with a ten foot pole :skull:
I admire your determination quite a bit
I do not have it lmao

12 Likes

if i do finish 2048, i will make a guide on how i did it

Shdwy

i was laughing so hard for 2 minutes, that was so funny
thank you for saying this

7 Likes

Sounds good. It does sound really cool as a project and I’m excited to see that guide.
I just like to avoid anything with too much abstract code cus I’m lazy and don’t wanna figure it out. Also I could just make it in real code lol

Actually, that reminds me.
Have you tried coding this normally first? I strongly suggest doing so to grasp the concepts better.

5 Likes

very, very true

i asked chatgpt to make a code, and reviewed the code thoroughly, i understand how the game works, so, then i knew what i had to do,
somehow…

2 Likes

i have an idea, people like blueboat might have the knowledge to do this, but, here we go, make a computer that can run multiple inputs in order that is set by the player

What does that mean? What does it do with the multiple inputs?

2 Likes

like, a very, very basic form of coding

Yeah, good luck TrainGuy this is going to be extremely difficult. If a lot of people weren’t so focused on creating Gimbot right now, you would be getting a lot more help and support with this project. I might be able to get in touch with you soon when I finish my current project.

1 Like

what is this Gimbot, when did this start? i’m so confused.

Gimbot is like an AI for Gimkit. I don’t know the exact details though. It might be a chatbot, or a simple AI for a game, but I can’t really tell you (not because I don’t want to but because I don’t know lol)

ok, thank you for telling me

chatgpt… i would suggest writing the actual code by yourself, as it is much easier to understand than if you just look at code written by someone else…

if you know how to code

Still not entirely sure what you mean by this. Can you give me an example?

1 Like

You have a virtual computer where you can write custom functions to perform specific tasks, control their executi0n order, and include loops for repeated actions. These functions can be structured step-by-step and can incorporate conditionals to make decisions based on certain criteria. This allows for flexible and efficient task management within the program.
For some reason, you can’t write executi0n

understandable, but, i don’t really know how to code, (except for block code) and, i looked through the code 5 times, just to make sure i understand the whole concept of 2048

Hmm. That’s an interesting idea. I’ll keep that in mind.

Still looking for more ideas though.

2 Likes

I have a couple ideas. some of them people have thought of but never done.

battleship

in game ai

you would have to download something for the ai to do stuff on your computer
there is not use for this but it would be impressive (I guess)

bladeball

scratch

tower defense

1 Like

How to make vitals from among us
(I did that before but to lazy to make a guide)