Guide: How to make Health Cap increase Vending Machine

Step 1: Grab a Vending Machine, set your price and make a variable for broadcast channel.

Step 2: Get a Health Granter, set shield to something above 50.

Step 3: Change the spawn shield hp to something higher than 50, and set the starting to 50% of the hp on spawn.

Since Shield cans can only bring you up to 50 shield, the vending machine is the only way allowing players to go above 50.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Coilrex !

Nice Guide!
However, you may want to explain more in detail because the guide is a bit short.
Secondly, you should include pictures because pictures are powerful!

2 Likes

Great job, and welcome to the forums, Coilrex! So happy to see you in this community!
But, I do feel like this forum post might need a little work with some pictures! Amazing though! @Coilrex!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, @Coilrex! Nice guide, too!
I would recommend you reading the FAQ for basic rules of the forums.
This guide looks a bit short though, so maybe why not add some pictures?

1 Like

Personal pet peeve of mine: how does everyone have the link to a hidden and archived guide? It was hidden for a reason![1]

1. Said reason I have no clue of. ↩︎

3 Likes

For real.
And why do people want to see hidden posts?
I’ve seen so many people beg for the raw of an “inappropriate” post. Weird…
[1]

1. can’t get on discord, tell Spacie that I lost my phone ↩︎

3 Likes

Anyways, this is helpful but could be improved using:
-images
-organization using "hide details:

example

write here!

-intro and outro, explaining how it works.

Overall, this guide has potential- I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

4 Likes

Welcome to forums @Coilrex

Welcome to the forums @Coilrex!

1 Like

Cap stands for capacity.
You didn’t increase the health capacity, only the amount of shield a player hold. So technically, this is just “How to use a health/shield granter.” This is also clickbait because you said “health cap” but it’s the shield you talk about in the guide (this is minor).

Your explanations aren’t thorough at all and i don’t think you know how a health granter works. Why? Well, you said this:

This means the health granter is increases shield by 50+ shield. But then, in step 3 you said:

An example of this step would be: Max shield = 54; 50% of 54 = 27. 27 would be the starting shield. If the shield granted by the health granter is above 50 then you just get close to maxing out, or max out, your shield.

Vending machines aren’t the only interactive devices blud.

This is an amazing guide! It can use some work, but all guides could use some work!

Here is a version of your guide that is easier to understand, for future reference. Also, Pictures ARE very powerful, and can sum up a lot of words. Finally, dropdowns are very helpful to section long guides.

Put Your Title Here

This is a dropdown… In the settings, it is marked as “Hide Details.”

1. Set Up the Vending Machine:
  • Place a vending machine in your game.
  • Set the price for the items it will dispense.
  • Create a variable to use as the broadcast channel for communication with other game elements.
  1. Configure the Health Granter:
  • Add a health granter to your game.
  • Set the shield value it grants to something higher than 50.
  1. Adjust Spawn Settings:
  • Increase the spawn shield health to a value higher than 50.
  • Set the starting shield to 50% of the spawn shield health.

Note: Shield cans can only give players up to 50 shield. The vending machine setup is the only way to allow players to get shields above 50.

1 Like

Sorry about that! Had no idea what guide I was putting into the link.

It was like midnight…sorry…sleepy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its useful

What reason, it is very useful, I use it a lot