GKC Mods! [WIKI]

INTRO

Mods.
They are here to help us modify the features of Gimkit, so we can use it much better.
Many users on these forums are very good at coding and such, and some can’t even block code.
Mods can only modify features through JavaScript [1] so today users can forget their problems and get mods!

What Mods are we using?

Gimloader by @TheLazySquid.
And Gimhook by @hexaheximal.

About Gimloader

Gimloader is a cool mod by @TheLazySquid that lets you add small plugins to change the game!
Once you install it, buttons will appear which will let you customize your experience.
Then you can head over to the plugins section of github to download some plugins!

Some include:
Camera Control (what I use - lets you move your camera freely and zoom! )
Character Customization (lets you be literally any gim - yes unreleased ones too)
DLD TAS. (The TAS)
Idle For Xp (Makes it way easier to gain xp with that new dodgy system)
+More!
You even have the capabilities to make your own plugins!

Download Here: Gimoader Download :D

Written By: @Jobozo1875

About Gimhook

This quote was pulled from gimhook/gimhook: A desktop app and modloader for Gimkit. - Codeberg.org README.

Format

Name of Mod (Mod used)
code that is being used

What it is/does

Community Made Mods!

None yet, aw shucks, BUT if you do however have Gimloader, with mods, put it on here! It helps the community if you do.

Wiki

Wiki Rules

Make sure all edits have to do with GKC, not anything else.

All edits must follow the TOS and FAQ.

The edit must not include ways to cheat your way up to something [2]

The edit must work, I cannot have false code in this wiki.

Make sure it is useful, not something like getting an extra coordinate device, it is just not needed.

Add yourself to the creds, work has to be credited!

Don’t mention anyone in the edits, you can only do that to only 10 times.

Be responsible.

Don’t ruin someone else’s work, would you like that done to you?

You don’t have to ask to edit, as long as no one is editing, you can edit.

Being unable to follow these rules will lead to your permission to edit being taken away.

People who have not followed the wiki rules and can no longer edit

Guys you’ve gotta lock in

Actually, no one’s permission has been taken away😅

Credits

• SirWyWy - Just some small format things
  • Jobozo - GImloader description
  • Twofoursixeight - Gimhook description

Have a nice day ya’ll🤠

16 Likes

This is a very good guide!!!

2 Likes

Well, not yet exactly. People have to edit this for this guide to grow.

3 Likes

Well it’s good nonetheless!

3 Likes

May I fix some formatting things?

Ex. text size, spacing on wiki rules

5 Likes

You don’t have to ask, go ahead!

4 Likes

Ooo, I like the idea behind this guide and the guide itself! Don’t want to accidentally mess anything up though so I probably won’t add anything

4 Likes

@Jobozo1875 Don’t you have Gimloader, I’ve seen you in this topic, and there is no mods yet, so can you add some?

2 Likes

Yeah I can add gimloader :)

3 Likes

W info section jobozo

2 Likes

Is this even allowed?

I need a moderators opinon on this before I use it

2 Likes

Yes, it says that on the website

2 Likes

what does TAS mean?

2 Likes

Tool-Assisted Speedrun.

5 Likes

Think about a tool assisted speedrun this way. Your average speedrun is a super-fast version of an entire section/game. Let’s pretend that game is DLD. People like Horse and roblockcornerclipper do DLD speedruns where they finish the entire DLD course and win as fast as possible.

Now, although fast, these speedruns are still unoptimized. No one will do everything absolutely perfect in a normal DLD speedrun, and no one has the time to get consistent at every skip/shortcut.

BUT, to some degree, a TAS can help you shave off a lot of time in your speedrun. WHAT is a TAS? I can’t explain well, so let wikipedia do it:

A tool-assisted speedrun or tool-assisted superplay is generally defined as a speedrun or playthrough composed of precise inputs recorded with tools such as video game emulators. Tool-assisted speedruns are generally created with the goal of creating theoretically perfect playthroughs.

And it works. Imagine if you split the DLD course into two, and then you did two separate “perfect” runs on each, and then strung the runs together. I bet you that the best speedrunners in gimkit would get a faster time than if they did one entire run. After all, less time playing means less time for mistakes.

Now, imagine the course being split into six, which each summit being played in its own separate run, and then someone stringing the runs together. There is now even less room for error.

NOW, imagine the course being split so that every single jump, jump setup, or skip is done individually and then all the individual clips are strung together. THIS will optimize your run a TON because there’s simply less stress, even less room for error, and speedrunners can just keep repeating a jump until they get a satisfactory result.

In mathematical terms, as the amount of cuts you make go to infinity, the function that spits out how much time you lost goes to zero. You obviously can’t make infinite cuts to a run though, so most of the time it’s usually a frame-by-frame “perfect” run of a game. Now, I’m not really well-versed in the speedrunning or modding community, I don’t know how they make their speedruns or how well the TAS functions - I just know that the TAS is much better than a normal speedrun. ALSO, please tell me if I got something wrong.

6 Likes

You can lock specific people from editing?

1 Like

Blackhole can “lock” (this doesn’t mean close) a post, which doesn’t allow anyone to edit it anymore. But you can’t prevent individual people from editing a post.

4 Likes

Nice guide. By the way, I don’t exactly have time to edit right now, but wasn’t there another modloader called Gimhook?

4 Likes

Yea, I think so. I can’t use it tho bc my laptop won’t let me open it unfortunately

3 Likes

No one has added an actual mod😢
How unfortunate

2 Likes