Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

If you increase a property with this setup, it will end up at 301 every time, I think.

You’re talking about a trigger triggering itself with no delay right?

2 Likes

I’ve seen it end at 300, 301, around 172 (that was weird).

172 is the 3-loop delay. That means you have 3 triggers looping. 301/300 (depends on the activation method) is brought from 2, and then it keeps going down. This is because of the channel cap.

on second thought, the 172 seems kinda odd. needs testing.

@Anonymous That’s very interesting… you basically found a way to disable tag zones. Can you clarify when the tag zone is turned back on though? Are you touching players as it happens?

1 Like

Yeah, touching a player. If the tag zone is activated while touching a player, it allows the player to be tagged the first time it happens, but not subsequent times (only if the tag zone transmits to the channel that deactivates itself upon tagging).

Also I know this is kinda off topic but I like making music. Should I make some music since the creative library is kinda empty?

2 Likes

This I think (dunno if it still exists tho)

So untill the Crafting table & recipe gets an update, I dont see why to research into it. They kinda suck, like repeaters

Yes, i admit, I dont like repeaters now @Shdwy

The crafting table doesn’t suck at all, what? It’s super useful and a great way to save memory compared to using a bucket-load of checkers and properties. It probably doesn’t have many quantum mechanics though, that’s true.

6 Likes

At least, they haven’t been discovered.

4 Likes

Very true, as its VERY new. We still don’t know what all it can do

2 Likes

actually, it’s pretty boring

I doubt there is a quantum mechanic with it at all

5 Likes

You can usually tell pretty quickly whether something has quantum mechanics or not.

Honestly though, at this point, I’m not even sure what counts as a quantum mechanic. The ones we’ve found have been more signal-centric. I guess zone rendering would technically count as a qmech, but that’s more of a bug than anything else. Maybe sentry interactions (bbsi) before they got removed.

edit: @Blackhole927’s definition below is a really good one. Let’s stick with that.

8 Likes

I think quantum mechanics can be categorized as gimkit creative mechanics that rely on the nuances of gimkit’s code to function. Stuff like AUO, JS Datatype conversion, Wire cutting, etc all fall under this category, I believe.

8 Likes

I can see how the line between a “qmech” and a “bug” got Very blurred. With more ppl on the GKC forums, the true definition of a qmech is, vauge

For me, its a bug thats really makes no sense in the code of GKC, like AUO or Zone Rendering

Sorry about the repost of zone rendering and roasting the TL3s

2 Likes

Have you ever heard the phrase “It’s not a bug, it’s a feature?”
That’s also somewhat what qmechs are

5 Likes

JS datatype conversion isn’t a bug lol.

2 Likes

I would say it’s a bug from gimkit’s perspective- we aren’t supposed to be able to do that lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a quantum mechanic or not but when I was making a capture the flag gamemode i was trying to make it so when you picked up the flag you would drop your weapon at the same time so you couldnt shoot when you had the flag. Instead you would pick up the flag but it wouldn’t take up a spot in my inventory. So I was able to pick my weapon back up and carry a flag even though I only had room for 1 item

1 Like

Weird. I’ll attempt to replicate it.
So let me get this straight:
YOU FOUND A WAY TO BYPASS THE MAXUIM GADGET SLOTS!?!
Pogggers

Hold up, that’s impossible! If you actually found out how to bypass the maximum allowed gadgets, is it possible to try to do the same glitch for other things? If so, this could be useful.