Gimkit's Quantum Mechanics: Help Needed

That’s more of a bug than a mechanic, but nice find!

@ClicClac I’ll check it out soon

Ask me if you guys need help with wires. I adore them with all my heart🙂

It could be useful, like if you wanted to make a “Boxing arena” in a peaceful game. then you only need 2 zones, not 5

I think I found something weird:
If you have a trigger wired to teleport a player to a few teles at once, the one wired up first works, which makes no sense, as wouldn’t that be first on the property and the last one would be teleported to?

That’s just AUO.

It’s because of zone rendering.

2 Likes

Please don’t say you have found a quantum mechanic until you are sure you found it. Like Grey_Stone said:

So remember to search before you say you discovered something new.

5 Likes

That’s already been found. This is a sub-section of what’s called “resolution.” AUO falls under this category too.
Channels are resolved before wires within the game’s code, so everything run by channels goes faster automatically.

I’m sorry, i got anxious

No worries, we all get excited when we discover something, that in particular has already been discovered.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, this is a channel cap thing.
Wire 4 triggers first. Then, the wire repeaters run all 349 signals left before wire 3 or 5 can run.

@ClicClac mentioning you in case you’re interested

also, just realized we may be able to explain double-chaining with the caps…
nevermind, doublechaining is still a unique thing. perhaps it has to do with channel/wire interaction?

1 Like

Im looking into AOU with both channels and wires RN. Ill report my finds to you guys

What is there to look into? AUO is a pretty defined concept already.

3 Likes

Your right. I’ll find some other weird thing to look into.

I think I might be on to something:
Perhaps a vending machine can be used as a 1-3 channel duper

oh that’s horrible

that’s an absolute monstrosity

why in the world would anyone do that lol

we have counters! why in the world would we use terrible terrible vending machines?

3 Likes

Its a really bad idea, but Its an idea lol

Although its could be useful for some AUO signaiangs

Nah. AUO issues can be solved with wires and wire repeaters. Good thinking though

1 Like

Have you discovered any new things yet? I don’t know where quantum mechanics would affect my game, other than the end-game widget order, but it is quite fascinating to see counters giving goofy numbers (and even sorta being a lifecycle) and other weird things happening thanks to AUO.