Gimkit Bug Spray Shop

So I’ll write an essay on why Bugs shouldn’t be removed.

So what if there is a real bug? Some students have emailing outside the district blocked and some can’t access Discord. If there is a real bug, it goes here to let the Gimkit Team know. If they actively want to fix bugs, then they will check #bugs. Also, I know there is a bunch of topics on silly stuff, but a lot of that is due to the nature teens go through. Not everyone is mature yet, so don’t go too harsh on anyone because we’re still learning. Take forum bugs for example, some users have no idea a discourse forum exists, and they post it on here because it’s blocked. Also, this discourse version is nearly a year old, @josh needs to update it, so many old bugs are still here from discourse that were fixed a long time ago.

Some other notes:

Agreed. Reporting bugs are a necessary part of any game.

I’ve seen @jeffo reply too, to add onto that.

3 Likes

B R U H

2 Likes

I think there is a good, and bad effect on deleting Bugs.
The discourse meta has this feature, so when people create topics, this shows:

I think this should be the same, but only with bugs.
Instead it should say something:

> Is this bug topic needed?
Or is it just a simple reload?

Doing this would discourage users from making topics like those, and in return, the bugs that should actually be reported, would stay.

oh yes, jeffo has fixed some bugs too as slim said:

2 Likes

That’s the new Discourse version…?
Josh, one more thing needs to be added to your bucket list…
:smiling_imp:

I think you should remove this. If a bug is that game-breaking you want to factory reset your computer, it will almost certainly be fixed soon, and even if it isn’t, Gimkit is just a game.

Would you seriously wipe your computer and everything on it just because Gimkit isn’t working?
Also there is an EXTREMELY low chance that a factory reset will work if nothing else does.

I don’t really got anything good on this device, so yeah, I would casually shrugs it off
EDIT: Nuthin, I thought that the Gimkart 8 thing was purple

1 Like

I suppose you did, why?

A Better Essay

Bugs are a wonderful important part of this wonderful platform, allowing people to get actual results out of GImkit. Bugs have been around for a while, and make up a large percent of the forums. It is the second most used catagorys of the seven. Without bugs… we would have empty holes in our fragile gimkit-lovin’ heart.

Pros And Cons

Pros

• They help people get answers for problems
  • The catagory makes the forum more organized and clean due to all the bug topics in one spot
  • They get more people on GImkit (more help resolved = less frustration = more GImkit)
  • They help people get GImkit to work
  • Instead of using help topics and cluttering up help topics they are in one place

Cons

• clutter
  • annoying
  • usually have simple solutions

What would happen without bugs catagories, what would the community do?

Well the answer is simple. They would find a work around. They would most likely use help topics and start cluttering u help topics. When there are multiple catagories in one, everything gets jumbled up and confusing.

The Possible Solution

Keep bug catagories, but add more precautionary measures such as:

• If the bug can be solved with a refresh, flag it (would need to be approved by mods to do)
  • Have a guide for them to refer to

essays are fun

2 Likes

I know I have that covered

1 Like

Do you have any evidence of a factory reset being a provable method to solve a Gimkit “bug” that a reload and cookie/cache clear couldn’t?

If not, then remove that piece of advice.

1 Like

I would never do a factory reset, I’d just wait. And I am NOT a patient person.

Factory resets WILL NOT fix gimkit. NEVER recommend them.

10 Likes

just me chiming in:
Users should make sure that it is a bug with gimkit, and not their device or internet. So thats a factor that users should consider before posting bug posts. Though uncontrollable, because the majority users who post in this category are not intense gimkit grinders, this is still something to watch out for.

3 Likes

Isn’t this website about each other out? Why should we remove something that alot of users need help on?

It does also help other community members know about the glitch.

(clearing site data)
For Google Chrome:

click “cookies and site data”
Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 1.41.04 PM
click “manage on-device site data”

click the trashcan
done!
now clear cookies

click site settings

click the delete data button
then sign back in
done!

3 Likes

My brother’s account is suspended, due to a request…
@twofoursixeight Hello? He requested a suspension. Only BH can edit his post now, and I’m sure they have other things to do…

Refresh: F5 or Ctrl+R
Hard Refresh: Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R

(Ctrl key is Command on MacOS)

Chrome OS: Refresh + Power
You can hold the hardware power button on other devices.
On MacOS, go to the apple logo then hit shut down.
On Windows: Windows+X, then press U twice.

Task manager shortcuts

Generally CTRL + Shift + ESC is the way to go on windows.
Search + ESC on ChromeOS.
Command + Option + Shift + Esc on MacOS.

2 Likes