Game overlay help

so im trying to make a game overlay show specific text when a player enters a room like when player enter zone transmit on channel and that game overlay recieves on that channel and sets the text to that area name but the problem is the block limit
but an example of this system would be ¨when recieving on closet=set text closet¨ and so on and so forth since blocks dont have when recieving on channel in the block menu i need a way to simplify this code and make it so that one block can recieve on multiple channels or something like that

4 Likes

I dont think you need too many channels just do basic zone to overlay

2 Likes

Block limit?

Wouldn’t you just use 2-3 blocks depending if you use the “ Create Text With “ block?

Also, you could just repeat that for all the rooms.

Here’s the wiring:

(Zone) Player Enters Zone (in this case, the closet) —> (Game Overlay) Run Wire Pulse Block

Blockcode:

Set Text | Create Text With | “[inserttext”]
2 Likes

yeah but not when recieving on multiple channels which i have multiple zones for each room that transmit on a different channel and game overlay block limit is 6 and i need one more to complete the first stage

3 Likes

Would a zone and a pop-up work? (if this isn’t even close to what your trying to make I’m confused)

2 Likes

I think limits reset everyday

2 Likes

think of this as like a more simple minimap that has some problems

4 Likes

he seems to be trying to make a overlay that tells you something about the room is what I seem to think

2 Likes

sadly no it would just cancel out the other one and only show one room name on the overlay

3 Likes

Yeeeeaah, my pea brain cant help with this. Good luck though. (I stay away from blocks as much as possible. Even though I love going on scratch )

3 Likes

ur smart u just dont realize it bud but anyways lets try not to get off topic

2 Likes

I am not quite getting what you want now at this point

2 Likes

basically when a player enters zone it shows the name of the area on the game overlay when a block recieves on a channel

2 Likes

so you want each room to have an overlay?

2 Likes

What if you do this?

Player Enters Zone > Run Wire Pulse Block

Player Leaves Zone > Hide Overlay

1 Like

im using 1 overlay with 6 blocks but multiple could work just memory consuming

3 Likes

OH!!! would a property work? Like every room has its own value, so when a property is set to a specific value it changes the overlay?

2 Likes

Or a true/false one.

2 Likes

hold on BiG BrAiN TiMe but that would still go over the block limit of 6 unless ur talking about using multiple overlays

3 Likes

Well I sadly have to inform you that I think you are better off with the memory consuming part

But hey Its actually kind of hard to fill up your memory a lot

2 Likes