Functions/Devices Reuse

This guide can save heaps of memory if implemented. This is mainly for changing properties. This will only increase memory if you will use the function once or twice. Your device list will vary depending on what function you are implementing. The base requirements are:

2x property (maybe more depending on your function)
1x trigger
The rest of your function

First, make a property that is of type whatever you need, and name it something like “input#function#” to identify it easily. Next, go into the property settings and then set it so that it broadcasts whenever it gets changed. This is important!!! It will make sure the function runs. Set the function to run whenever it hears a message on the channel the first property broadcasts on.

Now, make another property that is the output of the function. The type of this property has to be of the same type as what you need. Make sure this broadcasts on a channel. Place another trigger that runs when it receives a message on the output channel. This trigger needs to set the output property to whatever property you want the output to come out as.

25 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Hello! This is my first post

6 Likes

I’ve never seen a new user’s first post like this…

Overall, great guide!

6 Likes

Wdym?

4 Likes

Their first post was a guide.

4 Likes

Some people like Clic Clac have their first post as a guide, but yeah most purple either post a code or ask for help. Anyway, very useful guide!

8 Likes

Thanks. How do I get the difficulty voting system? I just remembered about that.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Gimkit Community! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

When you open up a post, there is a bar of icons above the typing area. Click on the gear then it will give you an option to open a poll

3 Likes

Ok. How do I do it now?

2 Likes

Go to your guide and click the three dots below it. Click the pencil.

2 Likes

Do single option and input your possible selections

2 Likes

No I don’t see the poll option. I only se preformatted text, numbered list, bulleted list, and hide details

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-08-20 7.00.01 PM

That’s what I clicked

New users may not be able to build a poll. You might have to wait a bit.

2 Likes

That kind of makes sense

1 Like

My first post was an answer to someone’s question.

Anyhow, amazing guide! Welcome to this community!

1 Like

nice first guide! welcome to the community!

2 Likes