Forum Flagging Help

I think it’s spite/revenge from a certain group personally.

1 Like

any thoughts on who?

2 Likes

Let’s not point fingers, it’ll just make the situation worse.

All we can do it is really let this simmer, and hopefully the situation goes cold, and nothing more happens. It could be a group, most likely, as it takes multiple flags to hide a post. But it might be spite, as Cassius suggested.

But why spite or revenge in the first place? Jealousy maybe? But why?

9 Likes

Jeff said he will take care of it in another email for now let’s just wait and see if jeff has any idea or information on it.

1 Like

I remember I heard of a group of people intending to “bring down the forums”…
I think WhiteGod is part of it or something, I don’t really know.

3 Likes

oh, those ban speed runners? from a while ago? (their names were crazy :skull: )

3 Likes

yeah. it’s possible that they made new accounts (low profile ones I.e no PFP, no bio, short name…) and went out for revenge.

1 Like

Email a mod

1 Like

I don’t think that would have worked because I’m pretty sure when accounts are deleted they don’t allow new accounts from the same IP address. So unless they actually are really trying to, it’s unlikely.

2 Likes

Yeah.
Who knows though (not including them)

this brings us no closer
ugh

1 Like

true lmao (i personally find it funny)

1 Like

jeffo’s unflagging them so I think it might be best to mark a solution for now

5 Likes

common jeffo w

1 Like

yeah, but they can always change it like vpn and other stuff

have you seen? If they can cause havoc in the community (for the most part) in the finals post, whats stopping them from getting more attention?

just a theory though. but now that they are getting unflagged by jeffo, we should be ok.

2 Likes

i saw all of them, and those posts were really short, but the forum psa thing is off-topic

1 Like

Maybe it’s just one person with lots of alt acounts?

2 Likes

Yeah, but then they’d need to have different IP addresses on all of them, and have a lot of emails. Plus, if they are working that hard, they really are trying to bring down the forum.

2 Likes

Yeah…

1 Like

I did research and that, you don’t have to have a Gmail account. You can use hotmail, but they have less security. You can easily make one by getting through captcha verification without confirming a phone number or identity.

Theres always changing your IP via vpn, changing your location, and changing the ip itself. (But will they really go through that much of a hassle?)

4 Likes

ban speedrunners? some are still not banned which is funny, they just never came back (this is true actully there is one that i know)

1 Like