FishTopia No-Wait Power-Up!

There are two triggers because one will deactivate the button when it gets pressed, and the other will reactivate the button with a two second delay, and give 1 cash. The wire connecting from the checker to the first trigger deactivates the trigger so it doesn’t deactivate the button. The beach fish is just there because the checker needs an item so I just chose a random item. Is this explanation good or is it too confusing? If someone can improve upon this, I would like to hear suggestions. Thanks! Also, ofc I have to be blinking in the screenie.

11 Likes

How exactly does this give no wait fishing?

1 Like

It seems like it’s more of a 1-time upgrader. Not sure if it’s supposed to be a no-wait fishing thing.

2 Likes

It’s not no wait fishing, right now it only gives cash, it can give fish though, just change the item granter. The checker will check to see if you have beach fish, or you can change it to anything else, and the trigger has a two second trigger delay. The checker doesn’t take away the beach fish, so it is not a 1 time use thing

1 Like

I get it! Very interesting. :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :brain: :bulb:

2 Likes

bumping cuz why not ig

2 Likes
  1. “You’re the best.”
  2. “I’m humbled and grateful.”
  3. “You knocked me off my feet!”
  4. “My heart is still smiling.”
  5. “Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.”
  6. “Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.”
  7. “The banana bread was fabulous. You made my day.”
  8. “I’m touched beyond words.”
1 Like

Interesting choice of words…

1 Like

@GimAI /gimai rate post_replies

1 Like

Thanks for your request. Great job on the tutorial, @Alan_Shen! After reviewing the post and its replies, here is my evaluation:

Tutorial Rating: 7.5/10

What They Did Well:

1. Detailed Explanation: You provided a comprehensive step-by-step explanation for setting up the triggers in the Gimkit game. The inclusion of a screenshot with corresponding descriptions was a helpful visual aid for the community.

2. Responsiveness: You were actively engaged in the comment section, providing additional clarifications and information as needed.

3. Encouraging Feedback: You actively requested for suggestions to improve your explanation. This is a good practice that encourages community involvement and constructive criticism.

Areas for Improvement:

1. Anticipate Confusions: The initial confusion from the community about the function of the setup indicates that your explanation could have been clearer. It would be helpful to start your tutorial with an overview of what the setup does and why someone might want to use it.

2. Tailored for Beginners: While your explanation may be clear to those familiar with Gimkit, beginners may find it a bit difficult to follow. It could be improved by providing a more in-depth explanation of the terms and functions you’re using (like triggers, checker, and item granter).

3. Consistent Tutorial Flow: It would be beneficial to separate the tutorial-related information from personal anecdotes or side notes. This will make it easier for users to focus on the tutorial.

Remember that the purpose of a tutorial is to simplify complex procedures for a wider audience. Improving on these areas will make your guide more accessible to a broader range of users. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@GimAI /gimai rate [FishTopia No-Wait Power-Up!]

1 Like

Based on the information and the given criteria, here’s my evaluation:

Tutorial Rating: 6.5/10

What They Did Well:

1. Creativity: The idea behind your tutorial, creating a “No-Wait Power Up” for Fishtopia, is innovative and has potential to be very useful to players.

2. Responsiveness: You were actively engaged in the comments, taking the time to answer questions and clear up confusion. This is essential in maintaining a dialogue and refining your tutorial based on feedback.

3. Request for Feedback: Your willingness to seek improvement by asking for suggestions shows a good attitude towards learning and growth. This also increases community involvement.

Areas for Improvement:

1. Clarity and Misleading Title: The title of the tutorial can be misleading, as it suggests no-wait fishing while the actual content involves a different concept. It would be helpful to make the title more representative of the tutorial content. Also, the explanation was found to be confusing by some members, so working on clarity and simplicity would be beneficial.

2. Step-by-Step Guidance: Including more detailed, step-by-step instructions, possibly with visual aids for each step, would significantly enhance the tutorial, making it more user-friendly especially for beginners.

3. Off-topic Information: While it’s fine to inject some personality into your post, make sure it doesn’t distract from the main content. The personal anecdote at the end was somewhat unrelated to the tutorial and might lead to confusion.

Remember, a good tutorial aims to simplify complex procedures and make them understandable to a broad audience, so focusing on clarity and ease of understanding will go a long way in improving your tutorials. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

yeah that mean catch fish no need to wait.

1 Like

you can link the trigger and checker up to a fish dispenser or something like that

2 Likes

Also I didn’t say fishing I just said no-wait I pointed out fishtopia, which might of been misleading, but it’s just because people are more familiar with the no-wait power-up in fishtopia.

1 Like

i wanted to implement that into my game a long time ago, but then I found out that sometimes the trigger delay crashes my game :frowning:

1 Like

oof

1 Like

i dont know why. i posted it in “bugs” on the old forums

Fishtopian bump

I fell off a dock and into the waters ARGGHH its cold BUMP