Fish Vat: Ideas Needed

Here’s a suggestion: Use a trigger to randomly grant fish. Use a number generator and the corresponding fish for each number. I chose salmon bass and trout for my fish, but you can also use others. Put it near a bucket prop or something to look like you’re collecting fish. To automate it maybe have it grant more fish or activate a fish granter using triggers.

Use emojis.

No he needs a way to generate the fish. I used a system that randomly grants fish because let’s be honest just who is going to catch ten gimfishes a day.

He knows the mechanics. He just wants the aesthetics.

No, I want to figure out the mechanics.

I’m trying to figure out not the technical side but the literal game design part of it. How are the fish generated? Do you have to put in fish, or does it happen without player input? How does the fish generation scale? etc etc

ty guys for the help btw

Oh yeah, probably some machine or something. I don’t really know what to put as I am not the best at GKC art.

Check this out then.

1 Like

What do you need? I didn’t completely understand it…

Do be warned this is a random shower thought and might not work.

1 Like

So, my main idea right now is to have it so that when the vat gets more fish added to it by the player, it generates more and more fish. Maybe 2x total fish added, maybe more, idk. But that feels a liiiittle janky, and I feel like there’s a better way to do that. I’m asking what that better way could be.

Maybe you could use @mysz’s guide on interest except that this time you insert fish. I would also suggest a randomizer to keep the fish amount practical.

1 Like

That feels a tiny bit too random, and the fishing system already has super high deviation from the mean in any given subsection of a period of fishing.
I’m trying to figure out how to make it more balanced.

That might work.

I’ll check it out.
Ty again!

Make a teleporter that teleports the fish in the lake to make them persuade other fish to j0in your cause.

1 Like

LOL

Basically, every 100 fishies can persuade 4 base fishies in 30 seconds. You can make them go to school to increase the amount of fishies.

idea: throw a car battery(3d printer) into the ocean to electrocute the fish so they float to the surface

Let's give the fish a little controlled shock.

2 Likes

Maybe increase (the amount of fish) by 1.25x after a set amount of time?

I mean, you’ll be able to buy speed upgrades.

I think I figured it out. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.