Fall damage in gkc?

someone in the gimkit discord is making fall damage (i think), it seems to work pretty well
im not sure how it works, but i could ask

This is probably possible, the only problem is that you would have to calculate the distance, the certain block type every second. This will be a costly idea.

I’m gonna start working on a guide on this topic.
Might be done and published in a few days.

1 Like

so considering that your system only has 4 different damages… then I think it would be more efficient if you forget about the property, and just broadcast on channel: damage 1 and then have 4 different damages… because they are only 30 memory so 4 of them is 120 which is much less then 540 (property 10, damaged 30, blocks 500)

edit: so umm… I think I made it work… (i have a fall damage system)

can u at least state the idea?

can someone with Platformer test this?

all of the properties are numbers and player scoped
Y coord is connected to the y-axis of the coordinate device
the trigger has 0.5 second delay

it has these blocks:

and the damage has these blocks:

the only problem with this system is it only deals the damage when the player stops… so If a player just keeps jumping then it works

not really personal info, millions of people live on the east coast of the us, that’s like saying you live in america and calling it doxxing.

1 Like

After modifying my code, I figured out something that works. The only problems are jumping resets the fall height(but I actually like this as a feature) and you have to move to take damage. If you fall and just stand there you won’t ever take damage, but you will as soon as you move at all.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 8.16.56 AM

1 Like

idk if @Blackfox45666 has seen this, but there was already a guild made for this very quickly for you.

That guide was made because of this topic…

1 Like

I know, just putting it here because I didn’t know if BlackFox read it yet. They haven’t commented on it or liked it.

I thought blackfox45666 was a she…

We should probably just use they as a default anyways.

Lol idk why some peeps still think dat but i havent really been active these past days im enjoying my summer i suppose :3 anyways im off to go to sleep but yeesh 14 notifications chill peeps

i think that you can do is that where someone falls you use the apply damage device which is when you reach a certain zone you take a certain amount of damage chosen by the creator

Sorry! I usually put “they” as my default, but I forgot that time.

let me know if i need to put a pic

i think you need to mark a solution because people have giving the soultion

someone already did that

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.