Extreme Coding Required (Maybe)

I don’t know if I made this clear or not, but I need help with what I am going to try and do next. I also am going to try and do it for each square, I need to add to my code to hide the barriers beside me.

Not saying it was anyone’s fault :upside_down_face:

If you are totally confused, I abandoned my original system because I found a way to do it with each square that saves a LOT of memory then doing it by wires and zones. I had the idea last night, but I couldn’t do it until this morning.

1 Like

I still don’t understand the problem: is it about trying to hide the bushes around the player?

Yes, but I want to use a memory-saving way. I found a way to create text with on the channel. That way, it is never the same, and if I get the bushes correctly in the right spot, it will automatically hide them without zones or wires. But it only workd per square, so that’s why I went to this, this morning.

I don’t know how to explain it better.

Using the tamian coordinate system?

No, I winged it :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. I would say using my system would be easier, but seeing everything in the area a coordinate system would be better. Idk how to make the coordinate system though. Anyway school’s starting so bye.

1 Like

Ok, I will try and explain my CURRENT system better.

Pretend the GREEN square is where a player is currently standing. If they stand on the RED square, the X-Pos changes and activates the trigger. The trigger runs the code to transmit on channel to X=3 Y=3, so transmit on channel: [33]. The barrier that has [33] to disappear, will disappear. It repeats for each change.

1 Like

I’m very confused now LOL

This is a nonrectangular zone, right? Whenever the player is in the bushes, they can see inside the bushes, right? If so, use pseudo zones, and when the player enters, show the transparent bushes, and when the player dies/exits, show the solid bushes.

nope. i’m pretty sure it’s rectangular.

I thought they were making the bushes like this

originally. but now it’s text display emojis i think. idk. I see where you’re going though.

The thing with the coordinate system is that you can only activate one thing at a time. Unless you use a massive amount of triggers or blocks…

No, I have an idea. You just +1 and -1 the X and Y values. That way, you get the blocks next to you, and it transmits on multiball channels.

?

I mean, i dunno if anyone has suggested this yet, but you can use the coordinate system to find the location of the player, and constantly broadcast on concatenated channels, and for the hay bales, maybe make them deactivating when receiving on the concatenated channels?

Actually kinda like what you have, but are you using triggers in place of the coordinate system?

1 Like

This is what I got:

Edit: Lol it is @Kosm0-o

1 Like

why do I feel like it’s overcomplicated

1 Like

I will use this, so I don’t just see grass lol. I also don’t understand why every time I post these help topics, I think of something later :thinking:. Then, I end up solving my own post :sweat_smile:

The code is kinda laggy. It’s not the best, but I only tested it small scale. Hopefully it works large scale.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.