Early checkpoint activation

I was recently playing a game on discovery, and the pre-game spawn pad was right next to a checkpoint. I pressed game start, and in the few frames before the screen turned black, I jumped into the checkpoint. The activation animation played, and when I started the game the checkpoint looked like it was activated, however when I respawned I did not respawn at the checkpoint.

Reload? Or did you already do that?

It doesn’t affect gameplay at all, it was just a weird quirk.
I’m trying to replicate it right now.
EDIT: I was successfully able to replicate the glitch. The hitbox also seems to deactivate, as I went where the checkpoint was but it didn’t activate.

Maybe try exiting Gimkit page, and return to the same game.

1 Like

Does it have to be right on the spawn or can you move it a bit to the right/left so the game loads first?

Maybe you just never went on it at all. Maybe you saw it wrong.

The checkpoint definitely activated, I tried 3 times and each time the animation played and the checkpoint looked activated.
@oof-sister What I’ve been doing is pressing game start and immediately after jumping into the checkpoint. I can give a link to the game if it helps too. (A link, not a code.)
Edit: @bob_the_tomato Okay then.

Yea, that still isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

Hmm is this top-down or platformer?

Platformer.

A easy way to test is wire the checkpoint to a respawn to make sure if it works.

If it doesn’t then it might be this (A quote from my brother)

Ignore last sentence

1 Like

I have refreshed. I also am unable to test since this was a game on discovery.
I have to go, it’ll be about 5 minutes until I’m back at my computer.

1 Like

I just tried the glitch with a checkpoint that has an activity feed item, and the activity feed item broadcasted.
The checkpoint isn’t active though.

yes this is a glitch you can do. but not game breaking if you make it so that they can’t get to the checkpoints, usally only works in building creative mode then loading the game normally

2 Likes

I was able to replicate it in the pre-game phase of a game, so maybe it’s different glitches or something?

1 Like

ya, honestly you won’t find it unless you try and get it. don’t find it game breaking, just means they have to disable actions until you move

1 Like