Do Custom Shaders Make Props Look Better [POLL * 2]

I wanted to make a very high-quality map, but I need your opinion. In the below picture, do the custom shaders look better or worse than the regular gimkit?

(The Left Is Custom Shaders, The Right Is Regular Gimkit. Also, Do You Like The Shadows?)

Which Do You Like Better, The Shaders Or Regular Gimkit?
  • I Like The Custom Shaders More Than Regular Gimkit
  • I Like Regular Gimkit More Than The Custom Shaders
0 voters
Do You Like The Shadows?
  • I Like The Shadows!
  • I Don’t Like The Shadows!
0 voters
1 Like

Only if the sun was at a certain angle would that be accurate. But I think they would be fine.

1 Like

can i use this in my game? I feel like it would make it better

1 Like

i think you can

1 Like

the only thing that could change my mind is what @th3_ca1tsune said. but still I like the shadow

1 Like

Yes, you can use this. It’s not like it’s copyrighted or anything : p

The shaders and shadows are fine if the “sun” is setting or rising in your game, but most likely the shaders are good as regular Gimkit and the shadows are too long.

I (personally) would leave the shadows but make them shorter and remove the shaders.

However the shaders and long shadows could be a cool way of making a daylight cycle by changing the shaders and length of shadows over time.

1 Like

Also, I tried to put the shadows at an angle, but then you get this:
And that’s kinda wonky

so then what if you also move the bookself?

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is no way to make them shorter, as you can only make them shorter by making them skinny. Example:

i think you can disable the shadows and then get a barrier make the alhpa low and put in collison enabled and tilt it a little bit

1 Like

That wouldn’t work for most props, like the armor display or the plant.

oh yea forgot about those

then what prop does it work for?

You can make it the same length as before but then hide some of the shadow behind the prop…right?

I don’t use barriers, I use the same prop, upside down and flipped with 0.2 alpha and no collision

Oh duh. Mb

1 Like

I can make a thing to made that happen to evrey prop as a mod. Thats looks a lot better and faster that raytracing lol. W idea

2 Likes

well, shadows cast from a different angle of light are the effect of a shear, not a rotation, so i think its better to stick with the original one you have since its fairly accurate with some cartoonish nuances like gimkits style and would work well when you want to emphasize a specific area’s art

1 Like